Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Medications in the first trimester of pregnancy: most common exposures and critical gaps in understanding fetal risk.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2013; 22: 1013-1018
- Prostaglandin F2alpha promotes angiogenesis and embryo-maternal interactions during implantation.Reproduction. 2016; 151: 539-552
- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and reproduction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 169: 1255-1265
- Influence of prostaglandins and platelet activating factor on implantation.Hum Reprod. 1991; 6: 436-442
- Infertility may sometimes be associated with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug consumption.Br J Rheumatol. 1997; 36: 605
- Risk of adverse birth outcome and miscarriage in pregnant users of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: population based observational study and case-control study.BMJ. 2001; 322: 266-270
- Exposure to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs during pregnancy and risk of miscarriage: population based cohort study.BMJ. 2003; 327: 368
- Use of nonaspirin nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs during pregnancy and the risk of spontaneous abortion.CMAJ. 2011; 183: 1713-1720
- Dihydroergotamine (DHE) use during gestation and the risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes.Headache. 2012; 52: 1085-1093
- Fetal exposure to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and spontaneous abortions.CMAJ. 2014; 186: E177-E182
- Periconceptional over-the-counter nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug exposure and risk for spontaneous abortion.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 113-122
- Preconception use of pain-relievers and time-to-pregnancy: a prospective cohort study.Hum Reprod. 2017; 32: 103-111
- Cox’s regression model for counting processes: a large sample study.Ann Stat. 1982; 10: 1100-1120
- Conditions for bias from differential left truncation.Am J Epidemiol. 2007; 165: 444-452
- Modeling survival data: extending the Cox model.Springer-Verlag, New York2000
- The impact of confounder selection criteria on effect estimation.Am J Epidemiol. 1989; 129: 125-137
- Increased saturated fatty acids in obesity alter resolution of inflammation in part by stimulating prostaglandin production.J Immunol. 2013; 191: 1383-1392
Supported by funds provided by the National Institute of Child Health & Human Development (NICHD) Grant Number: 5R01HD43063-5.
The funder did not have a role in study design, data collection, analysis, interpretation and writing.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Li D-K, Ferber JR, Odouli R, et al. Use of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs during pregnancy and the risk of miscarriage. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2018;219:275.e1-8.