Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Non-binary or genderqueer genders.Int Rev Psychiatry. 2016; 28: 95-102
- The health of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people: building a foundation for better understanding.National Academies Press, Washington (DC)2011
- Discriminatory experiences associated with posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms among transgender adults.J Couns Psychol. 2016; 63: 509-519
- The report of the 2015 US transgender survey.National Center for Transgender Equality, Washington (DC)2016
- Standards of care for the health of transsexual, transgender, and gender-nonconforming people, version 7.Int J Transgenderism. 2012; 13: 165-232
- The state of transgender health care: policy, law, and medical frameworks.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: e31-e38
- Care of the transgender patient: a survey of gynecologists' current knowledge and practice.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2015; 24: 114-118
- Health care for transgender individuals. Committee opinion no. 512.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 1454-1458
- Care for transgender adolescents. Committee opinion no. 685.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 129: e11-e16
American Medical Association House of Delegates. Resolution H-180.980 Sexual orientation and/or gender identity as health insurance criteria. Available at: https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/policies-lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender-queer-lgbtq-issues. Accessed April 9, 2018.
- Proceedings of the American Psychological Association for the legislative year 2008: minutes of the annual meeting of the Council of Representatives, February 22-24, 2008, Washington, DC, and August 13 and 17, 2008, Boston, MA, and minutes of the February, June, August, and December 2008 meetings of the board of directors.Am Psychol. 2009; 64 (Available at: http://www.apa.org/about/policy/transgender.aspx. Accessed May 15, 2018.): 372-453
- Societal implications of health insurance coverage for medically necessary services in the US transgender population: a cost-effectiveness analysis.J Gen Intern Med. 2016; 31: 394-401
Health and Human Services Department. Nondiscrimination in health programs and activities. Available at: http://www.federalregister.gov/d/2016-11458. Accessed January 3, 2018.
Jensen TS, Chin J, Rollins J, Koller E, Gousis L, Szarama K. Proposed decision memo for gender dysphoria and gender reassignment surgery. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverage-database/details/nca-proposed-decision-memo.aspx?NCAId=282. Accessed Dec. 14, 2017.
- Transgender men who experienced pregnancy after female-to-male gender transitioning.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 1120-1127
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health EMR Working Group. Electronic medical records and the transgender patient: recommendations from the World Professional Association for Transgender Health EMR Working Group.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2013; 20: 700-703
- Inclusion of sexual orientation and gender identity in stage 3 meaningful use guidelines: a huge step forward for LGBT health.LGBT Health. 2016; 3: 100-102
- The opportunity for medical systems to reduce health disparities among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex patients.J Med Syst. 2015; 39: 178
This work was supported by Grant U30CS22742 from the Health Resources and Services Administration Bureau of Primary Health Care to Dr Keuroghlian (principal investigator). The funder was not involved in the writing of the article or in the decision to submit the article for publication.
The authors report no conflict of interest.