- Population group abortion rates and lifetime incidence of abortion: United States, 2008-2014.Am J Public Health. 2017; 107: 1904-1909
- ACGME program requirements for graduate medical education in obstetrics and gynecology.ACGME, Chicago (IL)2014
- Clarification on requirements regarding family planning and contraception: review committee for obstetrics and gynecology clarification of program requirement: IVA6d)(1)-(3).ACGME, Chicago (IL)2017
- Abortion training and education. Committee opinion no. 612.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 1055-1059
- Abortion training in US obstetrics and gynecology residency programs.Fam Plann Perspect. 1987; 19: 158-162
- Abortion training in obstetrics and gynecology residency programs in the United States, 1991-1992.Fam Plann Perspect. 1995; 27: 112-115
- Clinicians who provide abortions: the thinning ranks.Obstet Gynecol. 1992; 80: 719-723
- Residency training in contraception, sterilization, and abortion.Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 81: 311-314
- Medical students for choice: creating tomorrow's abortion providers.Contraception. 2011; 83: 391-393
- Abortion training in U.S. obstetrics and gynecology residency programs, 1998.Fam Plann Perspect. 2000; 32 (320): 268-271
- Abortion training in United States obstetrics and gynecology residency programs.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 108: 303-308
American Medical Association. Fellowship and residency electronic interactive database online. Available at: https://www.ama-assn.org/life-career/search-ama-residency-fellowship-database. Accessed: Dec. 14, 2013.
- The benefits of family planning training: a 10-year review of the Ryan Residency Training Program.Contraception. 2013; 88: 275-280
- Training at a faith-based institution matters for obstetrics and gynecology residents: results from a regional survey.J Grad Med Educ. 2013; 5: 244-251
- Enhancing family planning training at a Catholic obgyn residency program.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: 56S
- Addressing ob/gyn family planning educational objectives at a faith-based institution using the TEACH program.Contraception. 2011; 83: 367-372
- Availability and characteristics of abortion training in US ob-gyn residency programs: a national survey.Contraception. 2014; 89: 271-277
- Predictors of abortion provision among practicing obstetrician-gynecologists: a national survey.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198: 39.e1-39.e6
- Treatment of early pregnancy failure: does induced abortion training affect later practices?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: 493.e1-493.e6
- Enablers of and barriers to abortion training.J Grad Med Educ. 2013; 5: 238-243
Ms Pomerantz is currently affiliated with the University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Steinauer JE, Turk JK, Pomerantz T, et al. Abortion training in US obstetrics and gynecology residency programs. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2018;219:86.e1-6.