Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Screening for fetal growth restriction with universal third trimester ultrasonography in nulliparous women in the Pregnancy Outcome Prediction (POP) study: a prospective cohort study.Lancet. 2015; 386: 2089-2097
- Adverse pregnancy outcome and association with small for gestational age birthweight by customized and population-based percentiles.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 201: 28.e1-28.e8
- Are fetuses that fail to achieve their growth potential at increased risk of intrapartum compromise?.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 46: 460-464
- Prediction of intrapartum fetal compromise using the cerebroumbilical ratio: a prospective observational study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 208: 124.e1-124.e6
- Is cerebroplacental ratio a marker of impaired fetal growth velocity and adverse pregnancy outcome?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 216: 606.e1-606.e10
- Is fetal cerebroplacental ratio an independent predictor of intrapartum fetal compromise and neonatal unit admission?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 213: 54.e1-54.e10
- A clinical prediction model to assess the risk of operative delivery.BJOG. 2012; 119: 915-923
- A critical evaluation of sonar “crown-rump length” measurements.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1975; 82: 702-710
- Estimating fetal age: computer-assisted analysis of multiple fetal growth parameters.Radiology. 1984; 152: 497-501
- Estimation of fetal weight with the use of head, body, and femur measurements–a prospective study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 151: 333-337
- Reference ranges for serial measurements of umbilical artery Doppler indices in the second half of pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 937-944
- Blood flow velocity waveforms of the fetal middle cerebral artery in a normal population: reference values from 18 weeks to 42 weeks of gestation.J Perinat Med. 2002; 30: 490-501
- ISUOG Practice Guidelines: use of Doppler ultrasonography in obstetrics.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 41: 233-239
- Exploration of the fetal cerebral blood flow by duplex Doppler–linear array system in normal and pathological pregnancies.Ultrasound Med Biol. 1987; 13: 329-337
- The Doppler cerebroplacental ratio and perinatal outcome in intrauterine growth restriction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 180: 750-756
- The cerebroplacental Doppler ratio revisited.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 21: 124-127
- Changes in fetal Doppler indices as a marker of failure to reach growth potential at term.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 43: 303-310
- Birth weight in live births and stillbirths.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 48: 602-606
- Intrapartum care. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence clinical guideline 55.National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, London2007
- Fetal electrocardiogram: ST waveform analysis in intrapartum surveillance.BJOG. 2007; 114: 1191-1193
- Fetal brain Doppler to predict cesarean delivery for non-reassuring fetal status in term small-for-gestational-age fetuses.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 618-626
- Fetal cerebro-placental ratio and adverse perinatal outcome: systematic review and meta-analysis of the association and diagnostic performance.J Perinat Med. 2016; 44: 249-256
- Effect of mode of delivery in nulliparous women on neonatal intracranial injury.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 1709-1714
- Mode of delivery in nulliparous women and neonatal intracranial injury.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 1239-1246
- Vacuum assisted birth and risk for cerebral complications in term newborn infants: a population-based cohort study.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2014; 20 (36): 14
- Mode of delivery has an independent impact on neonatal condition at birth.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014; 181: 135-139
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Kalafat E, Morales-Rosello J, Thilaganathan B, et al. Risk of operative delivery for intrapartum fetal compromise in small-for-gestational-age fetuses at term: an internally validated prediction model. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2018;218:134.e1-8.