Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Prevalence of chronic pelvic pain among women: an updated review.Pain Physician. 2014; 17: E141-E147
- Consensus guidelines for the management of chronic pelvic pain.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2005; 27: 781-826
- Central sensitization in urogynecological chronic pelvic pain: a systematic literature review.Pain Physician. 2013; 16: 291-308
- An interdisciplinary approach to endometriosis-associated persistent pelvic pain.J Endo Pelvic Pain Disord. 2017; 9: 77-86
- Multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary management of chronic pain.Phys Med Rehabil Clin North Am. 2006; 17 (vii): 435-450
- A randomized clinical trial to compare two different approaches in women with chronic pelvic pain.Obstet Gynecol. 1991; 77: 740-744
- Mensendieck somatocognitive therapy as treatment approach to chronic pelvic pain: results of a randomized controlled intervention study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 1303-1310
- Psychotherapy with somatosensory stimulation for endometriosis-associated pain: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: 1134-1142
- Reduction of pain sensitivity is associated with the response to treatment in women with chronic pelvic pain.Pain Med. 2015; 16: 849-854
- Clinical course of chronic pelvic pain in women.Pain. 2007; 132: S117-S123
- Long-term outcomes after surgical and nonsurgical management of chronic pelvic pain: one year after evaluation in a pelvic pain specialty clinic.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 591-598
- Catastrophizing: a predictor of persistent pain among women with endometriosis at 1 year.Hum Reprod. 2011; 26: 3078-3084
- Development of a center for interdisciplinary care of patients with pelvic pain and endometriosis.BC Med J. 2013; 55: 244-247
- Multifactorial contributors to the severity of chronic pelvic pain in women.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 760.e1-760.e14
- Prognosis of women with pelvic pain during pregnancy: a long-term follow-up study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2006; 85: 771-777
- Development of an endometriosis quality-of-life instrument: the Endometriosis Health Profile-30.Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 98: 258-264
- Functional bowel disorders.Gastroenterology. 2006; 130: 1480-1491
- AUA guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome.J Urol. 2011; 185: 2162-2170
- The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function: report from the standardization subcommittee of the International Continence Society.Neurourol Urodyn. 2002; 21: 167-178
- Validation and utility of a self-report version of PRIME-MD: the PHQ primary care study. Primary care evaluation of mental disorders. Patient Health Questionnaire.JAMA. 1999; 282: 1737-1744
- A brief measure for assessing generalized anxiety disorder: the GAD-7.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1092-1097
- The Pain Catastrophizing Scale: development and validation.Psychol Assess. 1995; 7: 524-532
- World Endometriosis Research Foundation endometriosis phenome and biobanking harmonization project, I: surgical phenotype data collection in endometriosis research.Fertil Steril. 2014; 102: 1213-1222
- Regression to the mean: what it is and how to deal with it.Int J Epidemiol. 2005; 34: 215-220
- Clinical importance of changes in chronic pain intensity measured on an 11-point numerical pain rating scale.Pain. 2001; 94: 149-158
- Responsiveness of the Dutch Endometriosis Health Profile-30 (EHP-30) questionnaire.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2013; 168: 92-94
- Evaluating the responsiveness of the Endometriosis Health Profile Questionnaire: the EHP-30.Qual Life Res. 2004; 13: 705-713
- Neural mechanisms of pelvic organ cross-sensitization.Neuroscience. 2007; 149: 660-672
- Biopsychosocial correlates of persistent postsurgical pain in women with endometriosis.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2014; 124: 169-173
- Predictors of outcome in a cohort of women with chronic pelvic pain–a follow-up study.Eur J Pain. 2009; 13: 769-775
- Mindfulness based stress reduction and cognitive behavioral therapy for chronic low back pain: similar effects on mindfulness, catastrophizing, self-efficacy, and acceptance in a randomized controlled trial.Pain. 2016; 157: 2434-2444
- Psychological interventions that target sleep reduce catastrophizing in knee osteoarthritis.Pain. 2017; 158: 2189-2195
This work was supported by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research ( IHD-137431 and MOP-142273 ), the BC Women’s Hospital and Health Center Foundation , and the Women’s Health Research Institute . Dr Yong was also supported by an investigator award from the VGH and UBC Hospital Foundation (Mentored Clinician Scientist Award from the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute). The sponsors had no role in the study design; collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; writing of the report; or the decision to submit the report for publication.
Disclosure: Drs Allaire and Bedaiwy have industry affiliations with Abbvie and Allergan.
Cite this article as: Allaire C, Williams C, Bodmer-Roy S, et al. Chronic pelvic pain in an interdisciplinary setting: 1-year prospective cohort. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2018;218:114.e1-12.