Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Trends in obstetric-gynecologic academic manpower and research.Obstet Gynecol. 1991; 78: 141-143
- The National Academies Collection: reports funded by National Institutes of Health.in: Townsend J. Strengthening research in academic OB/GYN departments. National Academies Press, Washington (DC)1992
- Is the academic physician-scientist an oxymoron in contemporary obstetrics and gynecology?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 177: 892-893
Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research. Ranking tables of NIH funding to US medical schools in 2016. Available at: http://www.brimr.org/NIH_Awards/2016/NIH_Awards_2016.htm. Accessed July 11, 2017.
National Institutes of Health. Research project grants: success rates by medical school department name. Available at: https://report.nih.gov/success_rates/. Accessed July 11, 2017.
- Postgraduate choices of graduates from medical scientist training programs, 2004-2008.JAMA. 2009; 302: 1271-1273
- Are MD-PhD programs meeting their goals? An analysis of career choices made by graduates of 24 MD-PhD programs.Acad Med. 2010; 85: 692-701
- Reproductive physician-scientists for the twenty-first century.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 181: 934-939
- A challenge for the 21st century: whither physician-scientists in obstetrics, gynecology, and the reproductive sciences?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198: 489-495
- The origins of the developmental origins theory.J Intern Med. 2007; 261: 412-417
- Developmental plasticity and human disease: research directions.J Intern Med. 2007; 261: 461-471
- The obstetric origins of health for a lifetime.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 56: 511-519
- Germ cell origins of posttraumatic stress disorder risk: the transgenerational impact of parental stress experience.Biol Psychiatry. 2015; 78: 307-314
- Specification and epigenetic programming of the human germ line.Nat Rev Genet. 2016; 17: 585-600
- National Association of MD-PhD Programs Executive Committee. Rescuing the physician-scientist workforce: the time for action is now.J Clin Invest. 2015; 125: 3742-3747
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Review of NICHD training and career development programs. Available at: https://www.nichd.nih.gov/training/extramural/Documents/NICHD_training_review.pdf. Accessed Aug. 28, 2017.
- Physician-scientists in obstetrics and gynecology: predictors of success in obtaining independent research funding.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 217: 84.e1-84.e8
National Institutes of Health. Physician-scientist Workforce (PSW) Working Group Report. Available at: http://acd.od.nih.gov/reports/PSW_Report_ACD_06042014.pdf. Accessed Aug. 28, 2017.
- Advancing research transdisciplinarity within our discipline.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 211: 205-207
All authors and committee members have filed a conflict of interest disclosure delineating personal, professional, and/or business interests that might be perceived as a real or potential conflict of interest in relation to this publication. Any conflicts have been resolved through a process approved by the Executive Board. The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine has neither solicited nor accepted any commercial involvement in the development of the content of this publication.