Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Trends in inpatient prolapse procedures in the United States, 1979-2006.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202: 501.e1-501.e7
- Procedures for pelvic organ prolapse in the United States, 1979-1997.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 188: 108-115
- Lifetime risk of stress urinary incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse surgery.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 1201-1206
- Complication and reoperation rates after apical vaginal prolapse surgical repair: a systematic review.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 367-373
- Mesh sacrocolpopexy compared with native tissue vaginal repair: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 44-55
- Surgery for women with apical vaginal prolapse.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016; 10: CD012376
- Preoperative prolapse stage as predictor of failure of sacrocolpopexy.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2016; 22: 156-160
- Risk factors for pelvic organ prolapse and its recurrence: a systematic review.Int Urogynecol J. 2015; 26: 1559-1573
- Comparison of 2 transvaginal surgical approaches and perioperative behavioral therapy for apical vaginal prolapse: the optimal randomized trial.JAMA. 2014; 311: 1023-1034
- Abdominal sacrocolpopexy with Burch colposuspension to reduce urinary stress incontinence.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 1557-1566
- High uterosacral vault suspension vs sacrocolpopexy for treating apical defects: a randomized controlled trial with twelve months follow-up.Int Urogynecol J. 2015; 26: 1131-1138
- Abdominal sacral colpopexy or vaginal sacrospinous colpopexy for vaginal vault prolapse: a prospective randomized study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 190: 20-26
- Abdominal colposacropexy and sacrospinous ligament suspension for severe uterovaginal prolapse: a comparison.J Gynecol Surg. 1998; 14: 59-64
- A randomized controlled trial comparing abdominal and vaginal prolapse surgery: effects on urogenital function.BJOG. 2004; 111: 50-56
- Vaginal versus abdominal reconstructive surgery for the treatment of pelvic support defects: a prospective randomized study with long-term outcome evaluation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 1418-1421
This project was supported by the National Institutes of Health through grant number UL1-TR-000005.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Lavelle ES, Giugale LE, Winger DG, et al. Prolapse recurrence following sacrocolpopexy vs uterosacral ligament suspension: a comparison stratified by POPQ stage. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2018;218;116.e1-e5.