Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Antiplatelet therapy before or after 16 weeks’ gestation for preventing preeclampsia: an individual participant data meta-analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 216: 121-128
- The role of aspirin dose on the prevention of preeclampsia and fetal growth restriction: systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 216: 110-120.e1-6
- Aspirin versus placebo in pregnancies at high risk for preterm preeclampsia.N Engl J Med. 2017; 77: 613-622
- Competing risks model in early screening for preeclampsia by biophysical and biochemical markers.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2013; 33: 8-15
- Influence of adherence to treatment and response of cholesterol on mortality in the coronary drug project.N Engl J Med. 1980; 303: 1038-1041
- Lipid alterations and decline in the incidence of coronary heart disease in the Helsinki Heart Study.JAMA. 1988; 260: 641-651
- Effect of partial compliance on cardiovascular medication effectiveness.Heart. 2002; 88: 203-206
- The significance of compliance and persistence in the treatment of diabetes, hypertension and dyslipidemia: a review.Int J Clin Pract. 2008; 62: 76-87
- A meta-analysis of the association between adherence to drug therapy and mortality.BMJ. 2006; 333: 15
- Treatment preference, adherence and outcomes in patients with cancer: literature review and development of a theoretical model.Curr Med Res Opin. 2014; 30: 2329-2341
- Metformin, the aspirin of the 21st century: its role in gestational diabetes mellitus, prevention of preeclampsia and cancer, and the promotion of longevity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 217: 282-302
- Competing risks model in screening for preeclampsia by maternal characteristics and medical history.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 213: 62.e1-62.e10
- Protocol for measurement of mean arterial pressure at 11-13 weeks' gestation.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2012; 31: 42-48
- Uterine artery Doppler at 11+0 to 13+6 weeks in the prediction of pre-eclampsia.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 30: 742-749
- Mean arterial pressure in the three trimesters of pregnancy: effects of maternal characteristics and medical history.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 45: 698-706
- Uterine artery pulsatility index in the three trimesters of pregnancy: effects of maternal characteristics and medical history.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 45: 689-697
- Serum pregnancy associated plasma protein-A in the three trimesters of pregnancy: effects of maternal characteristics and medical history.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 46: 42-50
- Serum placental growth factor in the three trimesters of pregnancy: effects of maternal characteristics and medical history.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 45: 591-598
- A critical evaluation of sonar crown rump length measurements.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1975; 82: 702-710
- The classification and diagnosis of the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: statement from the International Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy (ISSHP).Hypertens Pregnancy. 2001; 20: IX-XIV
- R: a language and environment for statistical computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna (Austria)2011
- Low dose aspirin and pregnancy: how important is aspirin resistance?.BJOG. 2016; 123: 1481-1487
- Poor medication adherence in clinical trials: consequences and solutions.Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2017; 16: 149-150
The study was supported by grants from the Fetal Medicine Foundation (charity no. 1037116) and by the European Union 7th Framework Program FP7-HEALTH-2013-INNOVATION-2 (Aspirin for Evidence-Based Preeclampsia Prevention project no. 601852). These bodies had no involvement in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; or in the decision to submit the article for publication.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Wright D, Poon LC, Rolnik DL, et al. Aspirin for Evidence-Based Preeclampsia Prevention trial: influence of compliance on beneficial effect of aspirin in prevention of preterm preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2017;217:685.e1-5.