Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- The effect of paternal age on assisted reproduction outcome.Fertil Steril. 2011; 95: 1-8
- Gestational age-specific neonatal morbidity among pregnancies complicated by advanced maternal age: a population-based retrospective cohort study.J Matern Neonatal Med. 2016; 29: 1485-1490
- Effects of increased paternal age on sperm quality, reproductive outcome and associated epigenetic risks to offspring.Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2015; 13: 35
- Paternal age and maternal age are risk factors for miscarriage; results of a multicenter European study.Hum Reprod. 2002; 17: 1649-1656
- Paternal age and spontaneous abortion.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 108: 369-377
- Influence of paternal age on the risk of spontaneous abortion.Am J Epidemiol. 2005; 161: 816-823
- Paternal age as a risk factor for low birthweight.Am J Public Health. 2006; 96: 862-866
- Male biological clock: a critical analysis of advanced paternal age.Fertil Steril. 2015; 103: 1402-1406
- Paternal age and adverse birth outcomes: teenager or 40+, who is at risk?.Hum Reprod. 2008; 23: 1290-1296
- Perinatal risks associated with assisted reproductive technology. ACOG Committee opinion 324.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 106: 1143-1146
- The effect of father’s age in fertile, subfertile, and assisted reproductive technology pregnancies: a population based cohort study.J Assist Reprod Genet. 2014; 31: 1437-1444
- US standard certificate of live birth.(Available at:)Accessed January 16, 2017)
- Guide to completing the facility worksheets for the certificate of live birth and report of fetal death (2003 revision).(Available at:)Accessed January 16, 2017)
- A United States national reference for fetal growth.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 87: 163-168
- Paternal age and birth defects: how strong is the association?.Hum Reprod. 2007; 22: 696-701
- Validation of infertility treatment and assisted reproductive technology use on the birth certificate in eight states.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 126-127
This work was supported by the Perinatal Institute, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, and March of Dimes Grant 22-FY14-470 for the March of Dimes Prematurity Research Center Ohio Collaborative.
The authors report no conflict of interest. This study includes data provided by the Ohio Department of Health, which should not be considered an endorsement of this study or its conclusions.
Cite this article as: Hurley EG, DeFranco EA. Influence of paternal age on perinatal outcomes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2017;217:566.e1-6.