Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Inversion of the uterus.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1940; 47: 525-548
- Puerperal uterine inversion in The Netherlands: a nationwide cohort study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2013; 92: 334-337
- Williams obstetrics.McGraw-Hill Education, New York (NY)2014: 787-788
- Septic postpartum uterine inversion.Singapore Med J. 2007; 48: 943
- Puerperal uterine inversion.Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 73: 567-570
- Management of acute and subacute puerperal inversion of the uterus.Obstet Gynecol. 1980; 55: 12-16
- Acute uterine inversion: a review of 40 cases.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2002; 24: 953
- Puerperal inversion of the uterus in Nepal: case reports and review of literature.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 1997; 23: 319
- Active management of the third stage of labor: prevention and treatment of postpartum hemorrhage.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2009; 10: 980-993
World Health Organization, United Nations Population Fund, United Nations Children’s Fund, and World Bank. Managing complications of pregnancy and childbirth: a guide for midwives and doctors. Available at: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/43972/1/9241545879_eng.pdf. Accessed Jan. 30, 2017.
International Confederation of Midwives and International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics. Management of the third stage of labor to prevent post-partum hemorrhage (joint statement). Available at: http://www.internationalmidwives.org/assets/uploads/documents/FIGO/PPH%20Joint%20Statement.pdf. Accessed Jan. 30, 2017.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project Nationwide Inpatient Sample. Available at: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/niso-verview.jsp. Accessed June 14, 2016.
- An enhanced method for identifying obstetric deliveries: implications for estimating maternal morbidity.Matern Child Health J. 2008; 12: 469-477
- Effect of routine controlled cord traction as part of the active management of the third stage of labor on postpartum hemorrhage: multicenter randomized controlled trial (TRACOR).BMJ. 2013; 346: f1541
- HCUP quality control procedures. Available at.Accessed January 30, 2016)
Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. HCUP NIS related reports. Available at: www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/db/nation/nis/nisrelatedreports.jsp.
- Accuracy of obstetric diagnoses and procedures in hospital discharge data.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 992-1001
- How accurate is the reporting of obstetric hemorrhage in hospital discharge data? A validation study.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2008; 48: 481-484
- The reporting of pre-existing maternal medical conditions and complications of pregnancy on birth certificates and in hospital discharge data.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 125-134
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Coad SL, Dahlgren LS, Hutcheon JA. Risks and consequences of puerperal uterine inversion in the United States, 2004 through 2013. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2017;217:377.e1-6.