- Martin J.A.
- Hamilton B.E.
- Ventura S.J.
- Osterman M.J.
- Wilson E.C.
- Mathews T.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Births: final data for 2010.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2012; 61: 1-72
- Reducing the risks of relief—the CDC opioid-prescribing guideline.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1501-1504
- Persistent opioid use following cesarean delivery: patterns and predictors among opioid-naive women.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 353.e1-353.e18
- A randomized controlled trial comparing two multimodal analgesic techniques in patients predicted to have severe pain after cesarean delivery.Anesth Analg. 2016; 122: 1114-1119
- Obsteric analgeisa and anesthesia. ACOG Practice bulletin no. 36.Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 100: 177-191
- Peri-operative multimodal pain therapy for caesarean section: analgesia and fitness for discharge.Can J Anaesth. 1997; 44: 803-809
- Preincision analgesia prevents immediate incidental pain after LSCS—a randomised blinded study.J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol. 2010; 26: 375-378
- Can intravenous paracetamol reduce opioid use in preoperative hip fracture patients?.Orthopedics. 2013; 36: 20-24
- Single dose intravenous propacetamol or intravenous paracetamol for postoperative pain.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; : CD007126
- Intravenous acetaminophen vs oral ibuprofen in combination with morphine PCIA after cesarean delivery.Can J Anaesth. 2006; 53: 1200-1206
- [The effects of intravenous paracetamol on postoperative analgesia and tramadol consumption in cesarean operations].Agri. 2010; 22: 7-12
- Intravenous paracetamol (Perfalgan) for analgesia after cesarean section: a double-blind randomized controlled study.Rawal Medical Journal. 2011; 36: 269-273
- Preoperative paracetamol improves post-cesarean delivery pain management: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.J Clin Anesth. 2016; 33: 51-57
- I.V. paracetamol infusion is better than I.V. meperidine infusion for postoperative analgesia after caesarean section.Internet J Anesth. 2007; 15: 5
- The effects of diclofenac suppository and intravenous acetaminophen and their combination on the severity of postoperative pain in patients undergoing spinal anaesthesia during cesarean section.J Clin Diagn Res. 2016; 10: UC09-UC12
- A suggested approach for implementing CONSORT guidelines specific to obstetric research.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 952-956
- A systematic review of faces scales for the self-report of pain intensity in children.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: e1168-e1198
Scherer R. samplesize: sample size calculation for various t tests and Wilcoxon-test. R Package, version 0.1.8. 2012. Available at: http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=samplesize.
Stevenson M, Nunes T, Sanchez J, et al. epiR: an R package for the analysis of epidemiological data. R Package, version 0.9-46. 2013;.Available at: https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/epiR/index.html.
- A randomized trial comparing metallic and absorbable staples for closure of a Pfannenstiel incision for cesarean delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 209: 556.e551-556.e555
- Clinically important changes in acute pain outcome measures: a validation study.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2003; 25: 406-411
- OFIRMEV: a recently introduced drug.J Pediatr Nurs. 2011; 26: 494-497
- Use of intravenous acetaminophen in the treatment of postoperative pain.J Perianesth Nurs. 2011; 26: 74-80
- Plasma and cerebrospinal fluid pharmacokinetic parameters after single-dose administration of intravenous, oral, or rectal acetaminophen.Pain Pract. 2012; 12: 523-532
This study was supported by Graduate Medical Education Quality Improvement Funds, TriHealth Hospitals, Cincinnati, OH.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Altenau B, Crisp CC, Devaiah CG, et al. Randomized controlled trial of intravenous acetaminophen for postcesarean delivery pain control. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2017;217:362.e1-6.