Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Births: preliminary data for 2015.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2016; 65: 1-15
- Maternal and perinatal outcomes associated with a trial of labor after prior cesarean delivery.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 2581-2589
- Failed vaginal birth after a cesarean section: how risky is it? I. Maternal morbidity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 184: 1365-1373
- Maternal and neonatal outcomes by attempted mode of operative delivery from a low station in the second stage of labor.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: 1265-1272
- Neonatal outcomes and operative vaginal delivery versus cesarean delivery.Am J Perinatol. 2010; 27: 493-499
- Evaluation of delivery options for second-stage events.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 638.e1-638.e10
- Failed operative vaginal delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 1017-1022
- Early maternal and neonatal morbidity associated with operative delivery in second stage of labour: a cohort study.Lancet. 2001; 358: 1203-1207
- ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 154: Operative Vaginal Delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: e56-e65
- Second stage disorders in patients following a previous cesarean section: vacuum versus repeated cesarean section.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2013; 287: 1075-1079
- Trial of labor after cesarean: attempted operative vaginal delivery versus emergency repeat cesarean, a prospective national cohort study.J Perinatol. 2015; 35: 258-262
- Trial of instrumental delivery in theatre versus immediate caesarean section for anticipated difficult assisted births.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 10: CD005545
- Rates and success rates of trial of labor after cesarean delivery in the United States, 1990-2009.Matern Child Health J. 2013; 17: 1309-1314
- Births: final data for 2014.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2015; 64: 1-64
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Son M, Roy A, Grobman WA. Attempted operative vaginal delivery vs repeat cesarean in the second stage among women undergoing a trial of labor after cesarean delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2017;216:407.e1-5.