Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Buprenorphine and methadone for opioid addiction during pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2014; 41: 241-253
- Opioid abuse, dependence, and addiction in pregnancy. ACOG Committee opinion no. 524.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 1070-1076
- Neonatal abstinence syndrome after methadone or buprenorphine exposure.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2320-2331
- Maternal buprenorphine dose, placenta buprenorphine, and metabolite concentrations and neonatal outcomes.Ther Drug Monit. 2010; 32: 206-215
- Methadone metabolism by human placenta.Biochem Pharmacol. 2004; 68: 583-591
- Maternal opioid drug use during pregnancy and its impact on perinatal morbidity, mortality, and the costs of medical care in the United States.J Pregnancy. 2014; 2014: 906723
- Rescue by birth: defective placental maturation and late fetal mortality.Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 97: 505-509
- Placental pathology in women with type 1 diabetes and in a control group with normal and large-for-gestational-age infants.Placenta. 2003; 24: 819-825
- Clinical associations with a placental diagnosis of delayed villous maturation: a retrospective study.Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2011; 14: 273-279
- “Delayed villous maturation” in placental reporting: concordance among consultant pediatric pathologists at a single specialist center.Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2015; 18: 375-379
- Sampling and definitions of placental lesions: Amsterdam Placental Workshop Group Consensus Statement.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2016; 140: 698-713
- Type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes mellitus differentially impact placental pathologic characteristics of uteroplacental malperfusion.Placenta. 2015; 36: 1161-1166
- Placental pathology measures: can they be rapidly and reliably integrated into large-scale perinatal studies?.Placenta. 2015; 36: 687-692
- Adaptive angiogenesis in placentas of heavy smokers.Lancet. 1999; 354: 303
Dr Parks recently accepted a faculty position in the Department of Pathology at Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, in addition to the affiliations listed here.
Supported by the Obstetric-Fetal Pharmacology Research Centers Grant no. HD047905 and a Ruth Kirschstein T-32 Training Grant no. HD071859 (Dr Lemon).
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Serra AE, Lemon LS, Mokhtari NB, et al. Delayed villous maturation in term placentas exposed to opioid maintenance therapy: a retrospective cohort study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2017;216:418.e1-5.