Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- 2015 ISSVD, ISSWSH and IPPS consensus terminology and classification of persistent vulvar pain and vulvodynia.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 127: 745-751
- Vulvodynia.Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2015; 34: 192-198
- Comorbidities among women with vulvovaginal complaints in family practice.J Sex Med. 2016; 13: 220-225
- Complications after surgery for the relief of dyspareunia in women with lichen sclerosus: a case series.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2016; 95: 467-472
- Recognition and management of vulvar dermatologic conditions: lichen sclerosus, lichen planus, and lichen simplex chronicus.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2012; 57: 260-275
- Vulvar dermatoses: a review and update.Mo Med. 2015; 112: 301-307
- Locating pain in breast cancer survivors experiencing dyspareunia: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 1231-1236
- Development of the NIH PROMIS® Sexual Function and Satisfaction Measures in patients with cancer.J Sex Med. 2013; 10: 43-52
- Development and initial validation of the PROMIS((R)) Sexual Function and Satisfaction Measures Version 2.0.J Sex Med. 2015; 12: 1961-1974
- Sexual functioning along the cancer continuum: focus group results from the Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS(R)).Psychooncology. 2011; 20: 378-386
- Improving patients' understanding of terms and phrases commonly used in self-reported measures of sexual function.J Sex Med. 2014; 11: 1991-1998
Knowledge Networks. KnowledgePanel design summary. 2014.
- Psychometric evaluation and calibration of health-related quality of life item banks: plans for the Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS).Med Care. 2007; 45: S22-S31
- Sexual dysfunction in the United States: prevalence and predictors.JAMA. 1999; 281: 537-544
- A study of sexuality and health among older adults in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 762-774
- Prevalence and demographic characteristics of vulvodynia in a population-based sample.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 170.e1-170.e9
- Reliability and validity of self-reported symptoms for predicting vulvodynia.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 108: 906-913
- Vulvar and vaginal atrophy in four European countries: evidence from the European REVIVE Survey.Climacteric. 2016; 19: 188-197
- Impact of vulvovaginal health on postmenopausal women: a review of surveys on symptoms of vulvovaginal atrophy.Int J Womens Health. 2013; 5: 437-447
- The Vulvovaginal Symptoms Questionnaire: a questionnaire for measuring vulvovaginal symptoms in postmenopausal women.Menopause. 2013; 20: 973-979
- Clitorodynia: a descriptive study of clitoral pain.J Sex Med. 2015; 12: 1772-1780
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health, the National Institute on Aging, or the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Skin Diseases.
This study was supported by the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (grant U01AR052186 , principal investigator Dr Weinfurt). Dr Flynn was supported in part by the Research and Education Program Fund, a component of the Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin endowment at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Flynn KE, Carter J, Lin L, et al. Assessment of vulvar discomfort with sexual activity among women in the United States. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2017;216:391.e1-8.