Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- History and background of quality measurement.Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2014; 27: 5-9
- Provocative ACM session to examine solutions to the medical liability crisis.ACOG Today, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. April 2008;
- Peer review of medical practices: missed opportunity to learn.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 211: 596-601
- Systemic bias in peer review: suggested causes, potential remedies.J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2010; 20: 123-128
- Institutional influences on the primary cesarean section rate in Utah, 1992 to 1995.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 179: 841-845
- Reduction of severe hyperbilirubinemia following institution of universal predischarge bilirubin screening in a large private hospital system.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: e1143-e1148
- Patient safety in obstetrics: the Hospital Corporation of America experience.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: 283-287
- Improved outcomes, fewer cesarean deliveries and reduced litigation: results of a new paradigm in patient safety.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 199: 105.e1-105.e7
- Reducing litigation through alterations in practice patterns.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 1279-1283
- Recognition and response to electronic fetal heart rate patterns—impact on newborn outcomes and primary cesarean delivery rate in women undergoing induction of labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 494.e1-494.e6
- A comprehensive obstetric patient safety program reduces liability claims and payments Am J.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 211: 319-325
- Triggers, bundles, protocols, and checklists—what every maternal care provider needs to know.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 444-451
- Use of maternal early warning trigger tool reduces maternal morbidity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 527.e1-527.e6
- Effect of a comprehensive obstetric patient safety program on compensation payments and sentinel events.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: 97-105
- Maternal mortality in the US—predictability and the impact of protocols on fatal post-cesarean pulmonary embolism and hypertension-related intracranial hemorrhage.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 211: 32.e1-32.e9
- A systematic approach to the identification and classification of near-miss events on labor and delivery in a large, national health care system.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207: 441-445
- Impact of a labor and delivery safety bundle on a modified adverse outcomes index.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 401.e1-401.e9
- Establishing a culture of patient safety in a community hospital.J. Healthcare Risk Manag. 2011; 31: 12-18
- A series on patient safety.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 1272-1274
- Patient safety at ten: unmistakable progress, troubling gaps.Health Aff. 2010; 29 (Available at:) (Accessed July 4, 2016): 165-173
- To err is human: building a safer heath system.Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, Washington (DC)2000
- Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century.Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, I Washington (DC)2001
- Decide and deliver: 5 steps to breakthrough performance in your organization.Harvard Business Press, 2010
- Parkinson’s law quantified: three investigations on bureaucratic inefficiency.Physics and society. 2008; (Available at:) (Accessed November 28, 2016)
- Best practices for enhancing quality.Patient Safety and Quality Healthcare. 2007; (Available at:) (Accessed November 28, 2016)
US Department of Health and Human Services. The national practitioner data bank guidebook. Available at: https://www.npdb.hrsa.gov/. Accessed July 4, 2016.
- The biggest legal mistakes physicians make: and how to avoid them.SEAK Inc, Falmouth (MA)2005
Williams JR, Mechler KK, Akins RB, et al. The rural physician peer review model: a virtual solution. Available at: http://www.ahrq.gov/downloads/pub/advances2/vol2/Advances-Williams_115.pdf Accessed July 4, 2016.
- Reduction in elective delivery prior to 39 weeks gestation—comparative effectiveness of 3 approaches to change and the impact on neonatal outcome and stillbirth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: 449.e1-449.e6
The authors report no conflict of interest.