Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- WHO Recommendations for the prevention and treatment of postpartum haemorrhage.World Health Organization, Geneva (Switzerland)2012
- Initial experience with a dual-balloon catheter for the management of postpartum hemorrhage.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 210: 136.e1-136.e6
- Efficacy and safety of intrauterine Bakri balloon tamponade in the treatment of postpartum hemorrhage: a multicenter analysis of 109 cases.Chinese J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 49: 670-675
- Balloon tamponade for the management of postpartum uterine hemorrhage.J Perinat Med. 2014; 42: 745-753
- Ultrasonographic visualization of balloon placement for uterine tamponade in massive primary postpartum hemorrhage.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 32: 711-713
- Intraluminal pressure readings during the establishment of a positive “tamponade test” in the management of postpartum haemorrhage.BJOG. 2010; 117: 295-303
- Tamponade-balloon for obstetrical bleeding.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2001; 74: 139-142
- Postpartum Hemorrhage. ACOG Practice Bulletin no. 76.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 108: 1039-1047
- Active management of the third stage of labour: prevention and treatment of postpartum hemorrhage.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2009; 31: 980-993
- Bakri Balloon in the management of postpartum hemorrhage: a review.Am J Perinatol. 2014; 31: 957-964
- The uterine sandwich for persistent uterine atony: combining the B-Lynch compression suture and an intrauterine Bakri balloon.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196: 2006-2007
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Einerson BD, Son M, Schneider P, et al. The association between intrauterine balloon tamponade duration and postpartum hemorrhage outcomes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2017;216:300.e1-5.