Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Miscarriage of medicine: the growth of Catholic hospitals and the threat to reproductive health care.1st ed. American Civil Liberties Union and MergerWatch, New York2013 (Available at:)Accessed July 12, 2016)
American Civil Liberties Union of Washington. Overview: restrictions on health care at religiously affiliated medical facilities. American Civil Liberties Union of Washington; 2016. Available at: https://aclu-wa.org/overview-restrictions-health-care-religiously-affiliated-medical-facilities. Accessed July 12, 2016.
Eckholm E. Virginia abortion clinic rules get final approval. The New York Times (2013). Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/13/us/virginia-abortion-clinic-rules-get-final-approval.html. Accessed July 12, 2016.
Center for Reproductive Rights. Virginia Board of Health votes to amend regulations designed to shutter abortion clinics; 2015. Available at: http://www.reproductiverights.org/press-room/virginia-board-of-health-votes-to amendregulations-designed-to-shutter-abortion-clinics. Accessed July 12, 2016.
Scotus. Whole Woman’s Health et al v Hellerstedt, Commissioner, Texas Department of State Health Services, et al (2016).
- Premature rupture of membranes. ACOG Practice bulletin no. 160.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 127: e39-e51
- Treating spontaneous and induced septic abortions.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 1042-1048
- When there’s a heartbeat: miscarriage management in Catholic-owned hospitals.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1774-1778
American Civil Liberties Union. Tamesha Means v United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. American Civil Liberties Union (2015). Available at: https://www.aclu.org/cases/tamesha-means-v-united-statesconference-catholic-bishops. Accessed July 12, 2016.
- Conflicts in care for obstetric complications in Catholic hospitals.AJOB Prim Res. 2013; 4: 1-10
- Sudden death: ectopic pregnancy mortality.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 103: 1218-1223
- Ectopic pregnancy.Lancet. 2005; 366: 583-591
Stationery Office. Why women die: report on confidential enquiries into maternal deaths in the United Kingdom, 1994–1996. Norwich (United Kingdom): Stationery Office; 1998.
- Health care refusals: undermining quality care for women.National Health Law Program, Washington (DC)2009 (Available at:)http://www.healthlaw.org/issues/reproductive-health/health-care-refusals/health-care-refusals-undermining-care-for-women#(Accessed July 12, 2016)
- Ectopic pregnancy and emergency care: ethical and legal issues.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2003; 82: 121-126
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Facts are important: abortion is health care. 2015. Available at: http://www.acog.org/-/media/Departments/Government-Relations-and-Outreach/FactsAreImportantABisHC.pdf. Accessed July 12, 2016.
- Increasing access to abortion. ACOG Committee opinion no. 613.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 1060-1065
- Obstetrics.Elsevier/Saunders, Philadelphia2012
- Prenatal diagnostic testing for genetic disorders. ACOG Practice bulletin no. 162.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 127: e108-e122
- Obstetrics and pediatrics: an ethical view.Health Prog. 2005; 86: 13-18
- Declines in unintended pregnancy in the United States, 2008–2011.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 843-852
National Survey of Family Growth. NSFG listing E: key statistics from the National Survey of Family Growth. 2016. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nsfg/key_statistics/e.htm. Accessed Oct. 18, 2016.
- Sexual assault. ACOG Committee opinion no. 592.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 905-909
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. Medicaid and family planning: background and implications of the ACA. 2016. Available at: http://kff.org/report-section/medicaid-and-family-planning-future-challenges/. Accessed July 12, 2016.
- Abortion training and education. ACOG Committee opinion no. 612.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 1055-1059
- Abortion training in obstetrics and gynecology residency programs in the United States, 1991–1992.Fam Plann Perspect. 1995; 27: 112
- Availability and characteristics of abortion training in US ob-gyn residency programs: a national survey.Contraception. 2014; 89: 271-277
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Restrictions to comprehensive reproductive health care—ACOG. 2016. Available at: http://www.acog.org/Resources-And-Publications/Position-Statements/Restrictions-to-Comprehensive-Reproductive-Health-Care. Accessed July 12, 2016.
- Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century.National Academies Press, Washington (DC)2001 (Available at:)Accessed July 12, 2016)
- The high cost of merging with a religiously-controlled hospital.Berkeley Womens Law J. 2001; 16: 140-156
The authors report no conflict of interest.