Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Risk of unanticipated abnormal gynecologic pathology at the time of hysterectomy for uterovaginal prolapse.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202: 507.e1-507.e4
- Uterine-preserving POP surgery.Int Urogynecol J. 2013; 24: 1803-1813
- One-year follow-up after sacrospinous hysteropexy and vaginal hysterectomy for uterine descent: a randomized study.Int Urogynecol J. 2010; 21: 209-216
- A randomized controlled trial comparing abdominal and vaginal prolapse surgery: effects on urogenital function.BJOG. 2004; 111: 50-56
- Minimal mesh repair for apical and anterior prolapse: initial anatomical and subjective outcomes.Int Urogynecol J. 2012; 23: 1753-1761
- The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.Lancet. 2007; 370: 1453-1457
- Development of short forms for two condition-specific quality of life questionnaires (PFDI-20 and PFIQ 7).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 103-113
- The standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 10-17
- The Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI): a multidimensional self-report instrument for the assessment of female sexual function.J Sex Marital Ther. 2000; 26: 191-208
- Classification of surgical complications: a new proposal with evaluation in a cohort of 6336 patients and results of a survey.Ann Surg. 2004; 240: 205-213
- The Clavien-Dindo classification of surgical complications: five-year experience.Ann Surg. 2009; 250: 187-196
- Validation of the Patient Global Impression of Improvement (PGI-I) for urogenital prolapse.Int Urogynecol J. 2010; 21: 523-528
- Visual analog scales for assessing surgical pain.J Am Coll Surg. 2005; 201: 245-252
- Validation of the surgical pain scales in women undergoing pelvic reconstructive surgery.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2012; 18: 198-204
- Assessment of patient functional status after surgery.J Am Coll Surg. 2005; 201: 171-178
- Validation of the activities assessment scale in women undergoing pelvic reconstructive surgery.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2012; 18: 205-210
- A multicenter, prospective trial to evaluate mesh-augmented sacrospinous hysteropexy for uterovaginal prolapse.Int Urogynecol J. 2015; 26: 743-748
- Utero-vaginal suspension using bilateral vaginal anterior sacrospinous fixation with mesh: intermediate results of a cohort study.Int Urogynecol J. 2015; 26: 1803-1807
- Laparoscopic hysteropexy: the initial results of a uterine suspension procedure for uterovaginal prolapse.BJOG. 2010; 117: 62-68
- Laparoscopic sacrocervicopexy for the treatment of uterine prolapse: a retrospective case series report.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2008; 15: 268-272
- Laparoscopic sacral hysteropexy versus laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy with hysterectomy for pelvic organ prolapse.Int Urogynecol J. 2016; 27: 93-101
- Laparoscopic hysteropexy versus vaginal hysterectomy for the treatment of uterovaginal prolapse: a prospective randomized pilot study.Int Urogynecol J. 2015; 26: 1687-1694
Funded by a grant from the Foundation for Female Health Awareness (www.femalehealthawareness.org).
Disclosure: Uphold kits were donated to the Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, site by Boston Scientific Corporation because the product was not commercially available at their location. The authors have the following disclosures: Dr Gutman: research Boston Scientific Food and Drug Administration (FDA) trial; consultant Pelvalon clinical events committee chair LIBERATE trial. Dr Rardin: research Solace Therapeutics, Pelvalon. Dr E.R. Sokol: research national principal investigator American Medical Systems (AMS) FDA trials, research ELEN SpA, Coloplast, Acell, Cook MyoSite, advisor (stock options) Pelvalon. Dr Matthews: research AMS, Boston Scientific, Pelvalon; consultant Pelvalon. Dr Iglesia: research Pfizer, special government employee obstetrics/gynecology devices panel FDA. Dr Geoffrion: proctor/preceptor Boston Scientific Capio/Obtryx. Dr A.I. Sokol: research AMS FDA trials. Dr Karram: research AMS, Acell FDA trials; consultant/speakers bureau AMS, Cynosure, Medtronic; speaker bureau Astellas; Royalty Emedsco.
Cite this article as: Gutman RE, Rardin CR, Sokol ER, et al. Vaginal and laparoscopic mesh hysteropexy for uterovaginal prolapse: a parallel cohort study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2017;216:38.e1-11.