Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hysterectomy rates in the United States, 2003.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 1091-1095
- An update on inpatient hysterectomy routes in the United States.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 213: 742-743
- Robot-assisted surgery in gynecology.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 12: CD011422
- Comparison of robotic and laparoscopic hysterectomy for benign gynecologic disease.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 778-786
- Robotically assisted vs laparoscopic hysterectomy among women with benign gynecologic disease.JAMA. 2013; 309: 689-698
- Robotic compared with conventional laparoscopic hysterectomy: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 604-611
- Robotic versus laparoscopic hysterectomy for benign disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2016; 23: 18-27
- An economic analysis of robotically assisted hysterectomy.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 1038-1048
- A systematic review of economic evaluations of the use of robotic assisted laparoscopy in surgery compared with open or laparoscopic surgery.Appl Health Econ Health Policy. 2015; 13: 457-467
- New technology and health care costs–the case of robot-assisted surgery.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 701-704
- Hospital costs of total vaginal hysterectomy compared with other minimally invasive hysterectomy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 210: 120.e1-120.e6
- A systematic review and cost analysis of robot-assisted hysterectomy in malignant and benign conditions.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014; 177: 1-10
- Choosing the route of hysterectomy for benign disease. Committee opinion no. 444.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 1156-1158
- Comparison of robotic-assisted hysterectomy to other minimally invasive approaches.JSLS. 2012; 16: 542-548
- The Michigan Surgical Quality Collaborative: a legacy of Shukri Khuri.Am J Surg. 2009; 198: S49-S55
- ASA physical status classifications: a study of consistency of ratings.Anesthesiology. 1978; 49: 239-243
- Validation of a combined comorbidity index.J Clin Epidemiol. 1994; 47: 1245-1251
- An introduction to propensity score methods for reducing the effects of confounding in observational studies.Multivariate Behav Res. 2011; 46: 399-424
- Clinical and economic burden of surgical site infection in hysterectomy.Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2014; 15: 266-273
- Activity-based costs of blood transfusions in surgical patients at four hospitals.Transfusion. 2010; 50: 753-765
- The learning curve of robotic hysterectomy.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 87-95
The Michigan Surgical Quality Collaborative is funded by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network. Investigator support for C.W.S. was provided by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Women's Reproductive Health Research Career Development Award no. K12 HD065257. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Swenson CW, Kamdar NS, Harris JA, et al. Comparison of robotic and other minimally invasive routes of hysterectomy for benign indications. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2016;215:650.e1-8.