Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Scope and impact of financial conflicts of interest in biomedical research: a systematic review.JAMA. 2003; 289: 454-465
Brichacek A, Sellers, LJ. Flexing their budgets: big pharma spend trends. Pharmaceutical Executive 2001:78-86.
- A national survey of physician-industry relationships.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 1742-1750
- Physicians’ behavior and their interactions with drug companies. A controlled study of physicians who requested additions to a hospital drug formulary.JAMA. 1994; 271: 684-689
- Pharmaceutical representatives in academic medical centers: interaction with faculty and housestaff.J Gen Intern Med. 1990; 5: 240-243
- Family physicians and generic drugs: a study of recognition, information sources, prescribing attitudes, and practices.J Fam Pract. 1987; 24: 612-616
- The role of commercial sources in the adoption of a new drug.Soc Sci Med. 1988; 26: 1183-1189
- The effects of pharmaceutical firm enticements on physician prescribing patterns. There’s no such thing as a free lunch.Chest. 1992; 102: 270-273
- Source of funding and outcome of clinical trials.J Gen Intern Med. 1986; 1: 155-158
- Of principles and pens: attitudes and practices of medicine housestaff toward pharmaceutical industry promotions.Am J Med. 2001; 110: 551-557
- The gift relationship between pharmaceutical companies and physicians: an exploratory survey of physicians.J Clin Pharm Ther. 1997; 22: 207-215
- A comparison of physicians’ and patients’ attitudes toward pharmaceutical industry gifts.J Gen Intern Med. 1998; 13: 151-154
- Attitudes of medical school faculty toward gifts from the pharmaceutical industry.Acad Med. 1992; 67: 610-612
- Transparency reports and reporting of physician ownership of investment interests: final rule, Department of Health and Human Services.Fed Regist. 2013; 78: 9458-9528
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Accuracy of conflict-of-interest disclosures reported by physicians.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1466-1474
- Conflicts-of-interest disclosures at the 2010 AUGS Scientific Meeting.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2012; 18: 79-81
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
This study was supported by the National Center for Research Resources and the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health through grant UL1 TR000041.
Dr Dunivan receives research support from Pelvalon, Inc unrelated to the submitted work. Dr Jeppson received a general payment from American Medical Systems listed on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services unrelated to the submitted work. Dr Komesu reports grants from National Institutes of Health–funded grant PA11-260, nonfinancial support from the National Center for Research Resources and the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health through grant 8UL1TR000041, The University of New Mexico Clinical and Translational Science Center, and grants from the National Institutes of Health: U grant funding the Pelvic Floor Support Disorders Network via the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (institute): general payment through uroplasty listed on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; all of which are unrelated to the submitted work. Dr Cichowski received a general payment from American Medical Systems listed on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services unrelated to the submitted work. Dr Rogers is DSMB chair for the TRANSFORM trial sponsored by American Medical Systems and receives royalties for scientific writings from UptoDate and McGraw-Hill. The other authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Thompson JC, Volpe KA, Bridgewater LK, et al. Sunshine Act: shedding light on inaccurate disclosures at a gynecologic annual meeting. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2016;215:661.e1-7.