Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Trends in the surgical management of stress urinary incontinence.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 845-851
- Complications of mid urethral slings: important outcomes for future clinical trials.J Urol. 2008; 180: 1890-1897
- Predicting postoperative voiding efficiency after operation for incontinence and prolapse.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 187: 49-52
- Factors predictive of urinary retention after a tension-free vaginal tape procedure for female stress urinary incontinence.J Urol. 2003; 170: 852-856
- The prevalence of voiding difficulty after TVT, its impact on quality of life, and related risk factors.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2007; 18: 173-182
- Predictors of success with postoperative voiding trials after a mid urethral sling procedure.J Urol. 2008; 179: 600-604
- Preoperative Valsalva voiding increases the risk of urinary retention after midurethral sling placement.Int Urogynecol J. 2010; 21: 1243-1246
- Preoperative hesitating urinary stream is associated with postoperative voiding dysfunction and surgical failure following Burch colposuspension or pubovaginal rectus fascial sling surgery.Int Urogynecol J. 2011; 22: 713-719
- Diagnostic accuracy of retrograde and spontaneous voiding trials for postoperative voiding dysfunction: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 637-642
- Diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of catheter-associated urinary tract infection in adults: 2009 international clinical practice guidelines from the Infectious Diseases Society of America.Clin Infect Dis. 2010; 50: 625-663
- Patient preparedness: an important predictor of surgical outcome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 197: 654.e1-654.e6
- A randomized, controlled trial evaluating 2 techniques of postoperative bladder testing after transvaginal surgery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 197: 627.e1-627.e4
- Williams gynecology.McGraw Hill Professional, New York, NY2008
- Risk factors of voiding dysfunction and patient satisfaction after tension-free vaginal tape procedure.J Korean Med Sci. 2005; 20: 1006-1010
- Predictors of voiding dysfunction after mid-urethral sling surgery for stress urinary incontinence.Int Neurourol J. 2012; 16: 30-36
- Prediction of successful voiding immediately after outpatient mid-urethral sling.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2006; 17: 570-575
- Factors that influence voiding function after the tension-free vaginal tape procedure for stress urinary incontinence.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 188 (discussion 81-3): 1477-1481
- Preoperative urodynamic evaluation may predict voiding dysfunction in women undergoing pubovaginal sling.J Urol. 2003; 169: 2234-2237
- Risk factors for incomplete bladder emptying after midurethral sling.Urology. 2013; 82: 1038-1041
- A randomized trial of urodynamic testing before stress-incontinence surgery.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1987-1997
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Ripperda CM, Kowalski JT, Chaudhry ZQ, et al. Predictors of early postoperative voiding dysfunction and other complications following a midurethral sling. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2016;215:656.e1-6.