Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Data and statistics for cerebral palsy. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/cp/data.html. Accessed June 12, 2015.
- A randomized, controlled trial of magnesium sulfate for the prevention of cerebral palsy.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 895-905
- Magnesium sulfate before anticipated preterm birth for neuroprotection. Committee opinion no. 455.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 669-671
- Australasian Collaborative Trial of Magnesium Suphate (ACTOMg SO4) Collaborative Group. Effect of magnesium sulfate given for neuroprotection before preterm birth: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2003; 290: 2669-2676
- Magnesium sulphate given before very preterm birth to protect infant brain: the randomized controlled PREMAG trial.BJOG. 2007; 114: 310-318
- Association between the use of antenatal magnesium sulfate in preterm labor and adverse health outcomes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: 1111-1118
- Association of duration of neuroprotective magnesium sulfate infusion with neonatal and maternal outcomes.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 749-755
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not represent the views of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network or the National Institutes of Health.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Turitz AL, Too GT, Gyamfi-Bannerman C. Proximity of magnesium exposure to delivery and neonatal outcomes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2016;215:508.e1-6.