Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Prevalence of infertility in the United States as estimated by the current duration approach and a traditional constructed approach.Fertil Steril. 2013; 99: 1324-1331
- Psychopathology in women and men: focus on female hormones.Am J Psychiatry. 1997; 154: 1641-1647
- Depression in women: implications for health care research.Science. 1995; 269: 799-801
- Major depressive disorder and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis activity: results from a large cohort study.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2009; 66: 617-626
- Stress and the reproductive cycle.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999; 84: 1768-1774
- Sexual side effects of antidepressants: a review.J Sex Marital Ther. 1996; 22: 209-217
- Allopregnanolone, a GABAA receptor agonist, decreases gonadotropin levels in women. A preliminary study.Gynecol Endocrinol. 2011; 27: 1087-1093
- Is a history of depressive symptoms associated with an increased risk of infertility in women?.Psychosom Med. 1995; 57: 509-513
- Mood disorders and fertility in women: a critical review of the literature and implications for future research.Hum Reprod Update. 2007; 13: 607-616
- Are increased levels of self-reported psychosocial stress, anxiety, and depression associated with fecundity?.Fertil Steril. 2012; 98: 453-458
- Comorbid depression and anxiety spectrum disorders.Depress Anxiety. 1996-1997; 4: 160-168
- Self-reported use of pharmaceuticals and primary ovulatory infertility.Epidemiology. 1993; 4: 151-156
- The effect of antidepressants on fertility.Fertil Steril. 2016;
- Design and conduct of an Internet-based preconception cohort study in North America: pregnancy study online.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2015; 29: 360-371
- Quality of life instruments in depression.Eur Psychiatry. 1997; 12: 194-198
- Applicability and validity of the Major Depression Inventory in patients with Parkinson's disease.Nord J Psychiatr. 1998; 52: 305-310
- The sensitivity and specificity of the Major Depression Inventory, using the Present State Examination as the index of diagnostic validity.J Affect Disord. 2001; 66: 159-164
- 2011 Compendium of physical activities: a second update of codes and MET values.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2011; 43: 1575-1581
- Reduced fecundability in women with prenatal exposure to cigarette smoking.Am J Epidemiol. 1989; 129: 1072-1078
- Reproductive epidemiology.in: Rothman K.J. Greenland S. Modern epidemiology. Lippincott Raven, Philadelphia (PA)1998
- Modeling survival data: extending the Cox model.Springer-Verlag, New York2000
- SAS/Stat 9.3 user's guide.SAS Institute, Cary (NC)2008
- The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1983; 67: 361-370
- Six persistent research misconceptions.J Gen Intern Med. 2014; 29: 1060-1064
- The cult of statistical significance.University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor (MI)2008: 27
- The epidemiology of major depressive disorder: results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R).JAMA. 2003; 289: 3095-3105
This research was supported by a Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) grant ( R21HD072326 ) to Dr Wise and a Boston University Reproductive, Perinatal, and Pediatric Epidemiology training grant from NICHD ( T32 HD052458 ) to Ms Wesselink. The contents do not represent the views of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or the United States Government.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Nillni YI, Wesselink AK, Gradus JL, et al. Depression, anxiety, and psychotropic medication use and fecundability. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2016;215:453.e1-8.