1. Five cases of acute puerperal inversion of the uterus are reported ; four complete
and one partial.
2. In three instances manual reposition was attempted without success and was abandoned
and the vagina packed on account of hemorrhage.
3. Manual reposition in some cases is impossible and may be accompanied by such free,
bleeding that it is questionable if it should be attempted.
4. All five cases were easily and successfully treated by abdominal reposition of
the uterus by the method here described.
5. All five cases were in such poor condition that they were transfused at the time
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
© 1928 The C. V. Mosby Company. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.