Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Rehospitalizations among patients in the Medicare fee-for-service program.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1418-1428
- Medicare Payment Policy.Report to the Congress. 2014; : 333-359
- Variation in surgical-readmission rates and quality of hospital care.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 1134-1142
- Hospital readmissions and the Affordable Care Act: paying for coordinated quality care.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1794-1795
- Hysterectomy surveillance–United States, 1980-1993.MMWR CDC Surveill Summ. 1997; 46: 1-15
- Hysterectomy in the United States, 1988-1990.Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 83: 549-555
- Factors associated with 30-day hospital readmission after hysterectomy.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 461-470
- Patient, treatment and discharge factors associated with hospital readmission within 30 days after surgical cytoreduction for epithelial ovarian carcinoma.Gynecol Oncol. 2013; 130: 407-410
- The relationship between timing of surgical complications and hospital readmission.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 348-354
- Underlying reasons associated with hospital readmission following surgery in the United States.JAMA. 2015; 313: 483-495
- An Apgar score for surgery.J Am Coll Surg. 2007; 204: 201-208
- Surgical Apgar score and prediction of morbidity in women undergoing hysterectomy for malignancy.Gynecol Oncol. 2015; 136: 516-520
- Patient satisfaction with results of hysterectomy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 183: 1440-1447
- Hospital readmission after noncardiac surgery: the role of major complications.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 439-445
- Assessing readmission after general, vascular, and thoracic surgery using ACS-NSQIP.Ann Surg. 2013; 258: 430-439
- Identification of modifiable factors for reducing readmission after colectomy: a national analysis.Surgery. 2014; 155: 754-766
- Risk factors of hospital readmission after radical cystectomy and urinary diversion: analysis of a large contemporary series.BJU Int. 2015; 115: 94-100
- Major postoperative complications after benign gynecologic surgery: a clinical prediction tool.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2012; 18: 274-280
- Trends in low-risk cesarean delivery in the United States, 1990-2013.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2014; 63: 1-16
- Assessment of risk factors for 30-day hospital readmission after surgical cytoreduction in epithelial ovarian carcinoma.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2011; 21: 806-810
- Same-day discharge after laparoscopic hysterectomy for endometrial cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016; 23: 178-185
- Predictors of 30-day readmission and impact of same-day discharge in laparoscopic hysterectomy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 213: 344.e1-344.e7
- The impact of surgeon volume on perioperative outcomes in hysterectomy.JSLS. 2014; 18: 174-181
- Effect of surgical volume on outcomes for laparoscopic hysterectomy for benign indications.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 709-716
- Effect of surgical volume on morbidity and mortality of abdominal hysterectomy for endometrial cancer.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 1051-1059
- Readmission after surgery.Adv Surg. 2014; 48: 185-199
The first two authors (Drs Lee and Venkatesh) contributed equally to this analysis and manuscript.
Supported by the Partners Center of Expertise Patient Care Quality and Safety Research Grant , Partners Healthcare (Boston, MA).
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Lee MS, Venkatesh KK, Growdon WB, et al. Predictors of 30-day readmission following hysterectomy for benign and malignant indications at a tertiary care academic medical center. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2016;214:607.e1-12.