Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Vaginal cuff closure after minimally invasive hysterectomy: our experience and systematic review of the literature.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 205: 119.e1-119.e12
- Development and validation of a laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy simulation model for surgical training.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2014; 21: 612-618
- A global assessment tool for evaluation of intraoperative laparoscopic skills.Am J Surg. 2005; 190: 107-113
- Robotically assisted vs laparoscopic hysterectomy among women with benign gynecologic disease.JAMA. 2013; 309: 689-698
- Incidence and characteristics of patients with vaginal cuff dehiscence after robotic procedures.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 231-235
- Vaginal cuff dehiscence: risk factors and associated morbidities.JSLS J Soc Laparoendosc Surg. 2015; 19 (e2013.00351)
- Description and validation of the Pelv-Sim: a training model designed to improve gynecologic minimally invasive suturing skills.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2008; 15: 707-711
- Development and validation of a laparoscopic simulation model for suturing the vaginal cuff.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: 27S-35S
- Proving the value of simulation in laparoscopic surgery.Ann Surg. 2004; 240 (discussion 525-8): 518-525
- FLS simulator performance predicts intraoperative laparoscopic skill.Surg Endosc Other Interv Tech. 2007; 21: 1991-1995
- Fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery simulator training to proficiency improves laparoscopic performance in the operating room—a randomized controlled trial.Am J Surg. 2010; 199: 115-120
- Trends and results of the first 5 years of Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS) certification testing.Surg Endosc Other Interv Tech. 2011; 25: 1192-1198
- Fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery: a surgical skills assessment tool in gynecology.JSLS. 2011; 15: 21-26
- Validity of using Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS) program to assess laparoscopic competence for gynecologists.Surg Endosc. 2010; 24: 152-160
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Tunitsky-Bitton E, Propst K, Muffly T. Development and validation of a laparoscopic hysterectomy cuff closure simulation model for surgical training. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2016;214:392.e1-6.