Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Contraceptive failure in the United States.Contraception. 2011; 83: 397-404
- Continuation and satisfaction of reversible contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 1105-1113
- Twenty-four-month continuation of reversible contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 1083-1091
- Current contraceptive use in the United States, 2006-2010, and changes in patterns of use since 1995.Natl Health Stat Rep. 2012; : 1-25
- Young adults' contraceptive knowledge, norms and attitudes: associations with risk of unintended pregnancy.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2012; 44: 107-116
- Knowledge of contraceptive effectiveness.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 479.e1-479.e9
- Exploring young adults' contraceptive knowledge and attitudes: disparities by race/ethnicity and age.Womens Health Issues. 2014; 24: e281-e289
- Women's knowledge about intrauterine contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 48-54
- Pew Internet Project: Health Online 2013.Pew Research Center’s Internet and American Life Project, Washington (DC)2013 (Available at: http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2013/Health-online.aspx. Accessed May 10, 2014.)
- Randomized controlled trial of adjunctive social media for more effective contraceptive counseling.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 107S
- Young adults' sources of contraceptive information: variations based on demographic characteristics and sexual risk behaviors.Contraception. 2015; 91: 157-163
- An assessment of the quality of information available on the Internet about the IUD and the potential impact on contraceptive choices.Contraception. 2003; 68: 359-364
iProspect. Search engine user behavior study: a report by iProspect and Jupiter Research. Available at: http://www.iprospect.com. Accessed July 21, 2014.
- Optimal search engine marketing strategy.Int J Electron Commerce. 2005; 10: 9-25
- Obstetrician-gynecologists and contraception: practice and opinions about the use of IUDs in nulliparous women, adolescents and other patient populations.Contraception. 2014; 89: 572-577
- Health care provider attitudes and practices related to intrauterine devices for nulliparous women.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 762-771
- Contraceptive technology. Ardent Media Inc, New York2011
- US medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use, 2010.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2010; 59: 1-86
- Intrauterine devices and pelvic inflammatory disease: an international perspective.Lancet. 1992; 339: 785-788
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- The mechanism of action of hormonal contraceptives and intrauterine contraceptive devices.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 181: 1263-1269
- Effectiveness of strategies for informing, educating, and involving patients.BMJ. 2007; 335: 24-27
- Helping patients decide: ten steps to better risk communication.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2011; 103: 1436-1443
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Health literacy online: a guide to writing and designing easy-to-use health web sites. Available at: http://www.health.gov/healthliteracyonline/why.htm. Accessed March 20, 2015.
Supported in part by: award number K23HD070979 from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD); Barnes Jewish Hospital Foundation ; Siteman Cancer Center ; and Clinical and Translational Science Award Grant UL1 TR000448 . Contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official view of the NICHD.
T.M. serves on a scientific advisory board for Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals and on a data safety monitoring board for phase IV safety studies of Bayer contraceptive products. M.C.P. was previously on the US Medication Adherence Advisory Board for Merck and Co. Inc. (2011 through 2013) and currently has an investigator-initiated research grant funded by Merck and Co. Inc. (2014 through 2015). The other authors report no conflicts of interest.
Cite this article as: Madden T, Cortez S, Kuzemchak M, et al. Accuracy of information about the intrauterine device on the Internet. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2016;214:499.e1-6.