Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gestational age at birth and mortality in young adulthood.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1233-1240
- Long-term medical and social consequences of preterm birth.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 262-273
- One-year survival of extremely preterm infants after active perinatal care in Sweden.JAMA. 2009; 301: 2225-2233
- Prematurity: an overview and public health implications.Annu Rev Public Health. 2011; 32: 367-379
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network. Prevention of recurrent preterm delivery by 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 2379-2385
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network and Obstetric-Fetal Pharmacology Research Units Network. Relationship between 17-alpha hydroxyprogesterone caproate concentration and spontaneous preterm birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 210: 128.e1-128.e6
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network. Pharmacokinetics of 17-hydroxyprogesterone caproate in multifetal gestation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 205: 40.e1-40.e8
- Prevalence and trends in obesity among US adults, 1999-2008.JAMA. 2010; 303: 235-241
- Prediction and prevention of preterm birth. Practice bulletin no. 130.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 964-973
- Progesterone and preterm birth prevention: translating clinical trials data into clinical practice.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 376-386
The contents of this report represent the views of the authors, not those of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network or the National Institutes of Health, which made the database from the Prevention of Recurrent Preterm Delivery by 17-Alpha Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate Trial available for secondary analysis.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Heyborne KD, Allshouse AA, Carey JC. Does 17-alpha hydroxyprogesterone caproate prevent recurrent preterm birth in obese women? Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;213:844.e1-6.