Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Cancer statistics, 2013.CA Cancer J Clin. 2013; 63: 11-30
- SEER cancer statistics factsheets: endometrial cancer. National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD2014 (Available at:)Accessed Oct. 28, 2014)
- Principles and practice of gynecologic oncology, 6th ed.Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA2013: 1101
- Revised FIGO staging for carcinoma of the endometrium.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2009; 105: 109
- FIGO staging for uterine sarcomas.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2009; 104: 177-178
- Laparoscopy compared with laparotomy for comprehensive surgical staging of uterine cancer: Gynecologic Oncology Group Study LAP2.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 5331-5336
- Recurrence and survival after random assignment to laparoscopy versus laparotomy for comprehensive surgical staging of uterine cancer: Gynecologic Oncology Group LAP2 Study.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 695-700
- Minimally invasive surgical approaches for patients with endometrial cancer.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 54: 226-234
- Prospective, randomized assessment of the acquisition, maintenance, and loss of laparoscopic skills.Ann Surg. 2012; 256: 387-393
- What is the learning curve for robotic assisted gynecologic surgery?.J Minim Invas Gynecol. 2008; 15: 589-594
- Comparison of robotic versus laparoscopic skills: is there a difference in the learning curve?.Urology. 2002; 60: 39-45
- A detailed analysis of the learning curve: robotic hysterectomy and pelvic-aortic lymphadenectomy for endometrial cancer.Gynecol Oncol. 2009; 114: 162-167
- The impact of robotics on the mode of benign hysterectomy and clinical outcomes.Int J Med Robot. 2015; ([Epub ahead of print])
- A systematic review and cost analysis of robot-assisted hysterectomy in malignant and benign conditions.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014; 177: 1-10
HCUP Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS). Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). Available at: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/nisoverview.jsp. Accessed Oct. 28, 2014.
- Robotic-assisted hysterectomy for endometrial cancer compared with traditional laparoscopic and laparotomy approaches: a systematic review.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 1422-1431
- Trendelenburg position in gynecologic robotic-assisted surgery.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2012; 19: 485-489
- Anesthesia considerations for robotic surgery in gynecologic oncology.J Robot Surg. 2011; 5: 235-239
- Airway management in obese patients.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2013; 9: 809-815
- Obesity is a risk factor for failure of “fast track” extubation following coronary artery bypass surgery.Can J Anesth. 2006; 53: 288-294
- The effects of body mass on lung volumes, respiratory mechanics, and gas exchange during general anesthesia.Anesth Analg. 1998; 87: 654-660
- Obesity in anesthesia and intensive care.Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013; 27: 247-260
- Utilization of and charges for robotic versus laparoscopic versus open surgery for endometrial cancer.J Surg Oncol. 2013; 107: 653-658
- Comparative effectiveness of robotic versus laparoscopic hysterectomy for endometrial cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 4215-4222
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of robotically assisted laparoscopy for newly diagnosed uterine cancers.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 1031-1037
- Outcomes and cost comparisons after introducing a robotics program for endometrial cancer surgery.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 717-724
This study was supported by the Perinatal Research Center, Jewish General Hospital , McGill University. The funding source had no involvement in the conduct of this study.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Zakhari A, Czuzoj-Shulman N, Spence AR, et al. Laparoscopic and robot-assisted hysterectomy for uterine cancer: a comparison of costs and complications. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;213:665.e1-7.