Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Urogynecology and reconstructive pelvic surgery, 3rd ed.Mosby Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2007
- Could the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence guidelines on urodynamics in urinary incontinence put some women at risk of a bad outcome from stress incontinence surgery?.BJU Int. 2009; 103: 635-639
- Urodynamic studies for management of urinary incontinence in children and adults: a short version Cochrane systematic review and meta-analysis.Neurourol Urodyn. 2015; 34: 407-412
- Good urodynamic practices: uroflowmetry, filling cystometry, and pressure-flow studies.Neurourol Urodyn. 2002; 21: 261-274
- Female urodynamics and lower urinary tract infection.BJU Int. 2002; 89: 863-867
- Baseline urodynamic predictors of treatment failure 1 year after mid urethral sling surgery.J Urol. 2011; 186: 597-603
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Urinary incontinence: the management of Urinary Incontinence in women. NICE Clinical Guideline 40. London: NICE; 2006. Available at: www.nice.org.uk/Guidance/CG40/NiceGuidance/pdf/English. Accessed July 28, 2015.
- Urodynamic studies in adults: AUA/SUFU guideline.J Urol. 2012; 188: 2464-2472
- Evaluation and outcome measures in the treatment of female urinary stress incontinence: International Urogynecological Association (IUGA) guidelines for research and clinical practice.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2008; 19: 5-33
- Fourth International Consultation on Incontinence Recommendations of the International Scientific Committee: evaluation and treatment of urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and fecal incontinence.Neurourol Urodyn. 2010; 29: 213-240
- A randomized trial of urodynamic testing before stress-incontinence surgery.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1987-1997
- Design of the value of urodynamic evaluation (ValUE) trial: a non-inferiority randomized trial of preoperative urodynamic investigations.Contemp Clin Trials. 2009; 30: 531-539
- The effect of urodynamic testing on clinical diagnosis, treatment plan and outcomes in women undergoing stress urinary incontinence surgery.J Urol. 2013; 189: 204-209
- Value of urodynamics before stress urinary incontinence surgery: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 999-1008
- Committee opinion: evaluation of uncomplicated stress urinary incontinence in women before surgical treatment.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2014; 20: 248-251
- The cost of preoperative urodynamics: a secondary analysis of the ValUE trial.Neurourol Urodyn. 2014; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Trends and patterns of urodynamic studies in US women, 2000-2012.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 559-565
- Female mixed urinary incontinence: a clinical review.JAMA. 2014; 311: 2007-2014
Financial support was provided through an internal Kaiser Permanente grant.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Lippmann QK, Diwadkar GB, Zhou H, et al. Trends in urodynamics study utilization in a Southern California managed care population. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;213:724.e1-6.