Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Progesterone and the risk of preterm birth among women with a short cervix.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 462-469
- Vaginal progesterone reduces the rate of preterm birth in women with a sonographic short cervix: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 38: 18-31
- Vaginal progesterone in women with an asymptomatic sonographic short cervix in the midtrimester decreases preterm delivery and neonatal morbidity: a systematic review and metaanalysis of individual patient data.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 124.e1-124.e19
- Universal cervical length screening and treatment with vaginal progesterone to prevent preterm birth: a decision and economic analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202: 548.e1-548.e8
- Universal cervical-length screening to prevent preterm birth: a cost-effectiveness analysis.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 38: 32-37
- Prediction and prevention of preterm birth. Practice bulletin no. 130.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 964-973
- A universal transvaginal cervical length screening program for preterm birth prevention.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 520-525
- Cervical length at 23 weeks of gestation: the value of Shirodkar suture for the short cervix.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 12: 318-322
- Prediction of patient-specific risk of early preterm delivery using maternal history and sonographic measurement of cervical length: a population-based prospective study.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 27: 362-367
- Births: final data for 2006.National Vital Statistics Reports. 2009; 57: 1-102
- Patients with an ultrasonographic cervical length < or =15 mm have nearly a 50% risk of early spontaneous preterm delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 182: 1458-1467
- One thousand health-related quality-of-life estimates.Med Care. 2000; 38: 583-637
- Long-term medical and social consequences of preterm birth.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 262-273
- 17Alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate for the prevention of preterm delivery: a cost-effectiveness analysis.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 108: 492-499
- The Monte Carlo method.J Am Stat Assoc. 1949; 44: 335-341
- Maternal activity restriction and the prevention of preterm birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202: 232.e1-232.e5
- Preterm birth-associated cost of early intervention services: an analysis by gestational age.Pediatrics. 2007; 119: 866-874
American Medical Association. [cited; based on transvaginal ultrasound, Medicaid reimbursement using Code 76817]. Available at: ama.assn.org. Accessed Nov. 10, 2010.
- Universal cervical length screening to prevent preterm birth: a cost-effectiveness analysis.Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2011; 38: 32-37
- Economic burden of hospitalizations for preterm labor in the United States.Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 96: 95-101
- The cost of prematurity: quantification by gestational age and birth weight.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 102: 488-492
- Cost of hospitalization for preterm and low birth weight infants in the United States.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: e1-e9
- Estimates of the economic costs of birth defects.Inquiry. 1994; 31: 188-205
- Bed rest in pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 84: 131-136
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Werner EF, Hamel MS, Orzechowski K, et al. Cost-effectiveness of transvaginal ultrasound cervical length screening in singletons without a prior preterm birth: an update. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;213:554.e1-6.