Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- The enigma of spontaneous preterm birth.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 529-535
- Preterm birth: crisis and opportunity.Lancet. 2006; 368: 339
- Overview of spontaneous preterm birth: a complex and multifactorial phenotype.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 57: 518-530
- Epidemiology and causes of preterm birth.Lancet. 2008; 371: 75-84
- Classification and heterogeneity of preterm birth.BJOG. 2003; 110: 30-33
- Risk stratification and pathological mechanisms in preterm delivery.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2001; 15: 78-89
- Racial differences in genetic and environmental risk to preterm birth.PloS One. 2010; 5: e12391
- Estimating recurrence of spontaneous preterm delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 516-523
- Risk factors for recurrent preterm birth in multiparous Utah women: a historical cohort study.BJOG. 2013; 120: 863-872
- The risk of preterm birth across generations.Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 90: 63-67
- Genetic influence on birthweight and gestational length determined by studies in offspring of twins.BJOG. 2000; 107: 375-381
- A genome-wide association study of early spontaneous preterm delivery.Genet Epidemiol. 2015; 39: 217-226
- Synopsis of preterm birth genetic association studies: the preterm birth genetics knowledge base (PTBGene).Public Health Genomics. 2010; 13: 514-523
- The phenotype of spontaneous preterm birth: application of a clinical phenotyping tool.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 487.e1-487.e11
- A general coefficient of similarity and some of its properties.Biometrics. 1971; 27: 857-874
- Finding groups in data: an introduction to cluster analysis.99th ed. Wiley, New York1990
- A versatile gene-based test for genome-wide association studies.Am J Hum Genet. 2010; 87: 139-145
- Assembly of inflammation-related genes for pathway-focused genetic analysis.PloS One. 2007; 2: e1035
- Preterm birth in Caucasians is associated with coagulation and inflammation pathway gene variants.PloS One. 2008; 3: e3283
- The Alabama Preterm Birth Project: placental histology in recurrent spontaneous and indicated preterm birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 792-796
- Do placental histologic findings of chorion-decidual hemorrhage or inflammation in spontaneous preterm birth influence outcomes in the subsequent pregnancy?.Placenta. 2014; 35: 58-63
- The preterm birth syndrome: issues to consider in creating a classification system.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 113-118
- The preterm birth syndrome: a prototype phenotypic classification.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 119-123
- The NICHD Consecutive Pregnancies Study: recurrent preterm delivery by subtype.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 210: 131.e1-131.e8
- Progesterone receptor genotype, family history, and spontaneous preterm birth.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 765-770
- Pathway-based genetic analysis of preterm birth.Genomics. 2013; 101: 163-170
- Genetic associations in preterm birth: a primer of marker selection, study design, and data analysis.J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2006; 13: 531-541
- A case-control study of chorioamnionic infection and histologic chorioamnionitis in prematurity.N Engl J Med. 1988; 319: 972-978
Supported by the Eunice Kennedy ShriverNational Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) Genomic and Proteomic Network for Preterm Birth Research ( U01-HD-050062 , U01-HD-050078 , U01-HD-050080 , U01-HD-050088 , U01-HD-050094 ; all authors) and by NICHD grant number 5K23HD067224 (T.A.M.).
M.S.E. serves on the Scientific Advisory Boards of Sera Prognostics and Clinical Innovations. Neither company was involved in any way with the present study. The remaining authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Esplin MS, Manuck TA, Varner MW, et al. Cluster analysis of spontaneous preterm birth phenotypes identifies potential associations among preterm birth mechanisms. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;213:429.e1-9.