Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- [Sacral staged reflexes to localize the pudendal compression: an anatomical validation of the concept].Rev Med Suisse. 2006; 2 (2420-1): 2416-2418
- Diagnostic criteria for pudendal neuralgia by pudendal nerve entrapment (Nantes criteria).Neurourol Urodyn. 2008; 27: 306-310
- Chapter 63: true pelvis, pelvic floor and perineum.in: Borley N.R. Gray’s anatomy: the anatomical basis of clinical practice. 40th ed. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, Edinburgh (Scotland)2008: 1083-1098
- Pudendal nerve 3-dimensional illustration gives insight into surgical approaches.Ann Plast Surg. 2014; 72: 670-678
- Anatomical study of the pudendal nerve adjacent to the sacrospinous ligament.Clin Anat. 2005; 18: 200-205
- Anatomy of the pudendal nerve and its terminal branches: a cadaver study.ANZ J Surg. 2004; 74: 23-26
- Surgical anatomy of the pudendal nerve and its clinical implications.Clin Anat. 1995; 8: 110-115
- Surgical anatomy of the extrapelvic part of the pudendal nerve and its applications for clinical practice.Surg Radiol Anat. 2009; 31: 769-773
- Anatomic relationships of the pudendal nerve branches.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 205: 504.e1-504.e5
- Innervation of the female levator ani muscles.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 187: 64-71
- Managing chronic pelvic pain following reconstructive pelvic surgery with transvaginal mesh.Int Urogynecol J. 2014; 25: 313-318
- Magnetic resonance neurography-guided nerve blocks for the diagnosis and treatment of chronic pelvic pain syndrome.Neuroimag Clin N Am. 2014; 24: 211-234
- Pudendal canal syndrome as a cause of vulvodynia and its treatment by pudendal nerve decompression.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1998; 80: 215-220
- Decompression and transposition of the pudendal nerve in pudendal neuralgia: a randomized controlled trial and long-term evaluation.Eur Urol. 2005; 47: 403-408
- New, simple, ultrasound-guided infiltration of the pudendal nerve: topographic basics.Dis Colon Rectum. 2001; 44: 1376-1380
- New, simple approach for maximal pudendal nerve exposure.Dis Colon Rectum. 2000; 43: 956-960
- Functional perineal colostomy with pudendal nerve anastomosis following anorectal resection: a cadaver operation study on a new procedure.Surgery. 1997; 121: 569-574
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Maldonado PA, Chin K, Garcia AA, et al. Anatomic variations of pudendal nerve within pelvis and pudendal canal: clinical applications. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;213:727.e1-6.