Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Postoperative pain and quality of recovery.Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2004; 17: 455-460
- Validity and reliability of a postoperative quality of recovery score: the QoR-40.Br J Anaesth. 2000; 84: 11-15
- Measurement of quality of recovery in 5672 patients after anaesthesia and surgery.Anaesth Intens Care. 2000; 28: 276-280
- Patient satisfaction after anaesthesia and surgery: results of a prospective survey of 10,811 patients.Br J Anaesth. 2000; 84: 6-10
- Should anaesthetists routinely give dexamethasone as a perioperative antiemetic?.Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2014; 75: 118
- Comparison of efficacy of ondansetron and dexamethasone combination and ondansetron alone in preventing postoperative nausea and vomiting after laparoscopic cholecystectomy.JPMA J Pak Med Assoc. 2014; 64: 242-246
- Efficacy of a triple antiemetic regimen with aprepitant for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: effects of gender, age, and region.Curr Med Res Opin. 2014; 30: 1875-1881
- Effect of dexamethasone on prevention of postoperative nausea, vomiting and pain after caesarean section: a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial.Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2013; 30: 102-105
- The effects of dexamethasone and metoclopramide on early and late postoperative nausea and vomiting in women undergoing myomectomy under spinal anaesthesia.Niger J Clin Pract. 2014; 17: 449-455
- Dose ranging study on the effect of preoperative dexamethasone on postoperative quality of recovery and opioid consumption after ambulatory gynaecological surgery.Br J Anaesth. 2011; 107: 362-371
- Dexamethasone combined with other antiemetics for prophylaxis after laparoscopic cholecystectomy.Asian J Surg. 2015; 38: 21-27
- The effective analgesic dose of dexamethasone after laparoscopic hysterectomy.Anesth Analg. 2009; 109: 607-615
- Pain management strategies for urogynecologic surgery: a review.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2014; 20: 310-315
- The standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 10-17
- Atlas of pelvic anatomy and gynecologic surgery.Elsevier Saunders, St Louis, MO2011
- The visual analog scale allows effective measurement of preoperative anxiety and detection of patients' anesthetic concerns.Anesth Analg. 2000; 90: 706-712
- Reliability and validity of a visual analog scale for acute abdominal pain in the ED.Am J Emerg Med. 2002; 20: 287-290
- Simplified postoperative nausea and vomiting impact scale for audit and post-discharge review.Br J Anaesth. 2012; 108: 423-429
- Development and validation of a postoperative nausea and vomiting intensity scale.Br J Anaesth. 2010; 104: 158-166
- Validation of the postoperative nausea and vomiting intensity score in gynaecological patients.Anaesth Intens Care. 2011; 39: 73-78
- How long should urinary bladder catheterisation be continued after vaginal prolapse surgery? A randomised controlled trial comparing short term versus long term catheterisation after vaginal prolapse surgery.BJOG. 2004; 111: 828-830
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Pauls RN, Crisp CC, Oakley SH, et al. Effects of dexamethasone on quality of recovery following vaginal surgery: a randomized trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;213:718.e1-7.