Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
US Food and Drug Administration. New molecular entity approvals for 2011. Washington, DC: US Department of Health & Human Services. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/drugs/developmentapprovalprocess/drugInnovation/ucm285554.htm. Accessed March 30, 2015.
US Food and Drug Administration. New molecular entity approvals for 2012. Washington, DC: US Department of Health & Human Services. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/drugs/developmentapprovalprocess/drugInnovation/ucm336115.htm. Accessed March 30, 2015.
US Food and Drug Administration. New molecular entity approvals for 2013. Washington, DC: US Department of Health & Human Services. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/drugs/developmentapprovalprocess/drugInnovation/ucm381263.htm. Accessed March 30, 2015.
- Teratogenicity of recently introduced medications in human pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 100: 465-473
- Evolving knowledge of the teratogenicity of medications in human pregnancy.Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet. 2011; 157C: 175-182
- Trends in pregnancy labeling and data quality for US-approved pharmaceuticals.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 211: 690.e1-690.e11
- Chemically induced birth defects.3rd ed. Marcel Dekker, New York, NY2000: 100
- Drug labeling in the practice of obstetric anesthesia.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 24-27
- Exclusion of pregnant women from industry-sponsored clinical trials.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 1077-1081
- FDA approval for use of medications in pregnancy: an uphill battle.Rev Obstet Gynecol. 2011 Summer; 4: 39-41
- Medical genetics: 1. Clinical teratology in the age of genomics.CMAJ. 2002; 167: 265-273
- Drugs in pregnancy and lactation.10th ed. Wolters Kluwer Health, Philadelphia, PA2014
- Communicating risks during pregnancy: a workshop on the use of data from animal developmental toxicity studies in pregnancy labels for drugs.Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2004; 70: 7-12
- Drug safety in pregnant women and their babies: ignorance not bliss.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2008; 83: 181-183
- Counseling women and men regarding exposures to reproductive and developmental toxicants before conception or women during pregnancy.Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2014; 19: 139-152
- Pharmacotherapy for depressed pregnant women: overcoming obstacles to gathering essential data.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009; 86: 362-365
- Medicines in pregnancy—women and children first? Time for a coalition to address a substantial patient need.Ther Innov Regul Sci. 2013; 47: 528-532
- Adverse drug reactions in utero: perspectives on teratogens and strategies for the future.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2011; 89: 781-783
- The way women perceive teratogenic risk.Can J Clin Pharmacol. 2007 Winter; 14: e10-e16
- Enrolling pregnant women in research—lessons from the H1N1 influenza pandemic.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 2241-2243
US Food and Drug Administration. CDER, CBER. Establishing pregnancy exposure registries. Guidance for industry, August 2002. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/ucm071639.pdf. Accessed Jan. 30, 2015.
- The economic returns of pediatric clinical trials of antihypertensive drugs.Am Heart J. 2008; 156: 682-688
- An empirical review of major legislation affecting drug development: past experiences, effects, and unintended consequences.Milbank Q. 2011; 89: 450-502
- Measuring the patient health, social and economic benefits of US pediatric therapeutics legislation.Pediatr Drugs. 2012; 14: 283-294
- Pediatric exclusivity: evolving legislation and novel complexities within pediatric therapeutic development.Ann Pharmacother. 2014; 48: 369-379
- Proposed framework to address needs of clinical data for informed medication use in pregnancy.Ther Innov Regul Sci. 2014; 48: 145-154
- The exclusion of pregnant, pregnable, and once-pregnable people (a.k.a. women) from biomedical research.Am J Law Med. 1993; 19: 369-451
- Mastroianni A.C. Faden R. Federman D. Women and health research: ethical and legal issues of including women in clinical studies: Volume 2. Workshop and Commissioned Papers. Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on the Ethical and Legal Issues Relating to the Inclusion of Women in Clinical Studies. National Academies Press (US), Washington, DC1999
- Wanted: inclusive guidelines for research involving pregnant women.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2010; 32: 473-476
- An ethically justified framework for clinical investigation to benefit pregnant and fetal patients.Am J Bioeth. 2011; 11: 39-49
- The common rule, pregnant women, and research: no need to “rescue” that which should be revised.Am J Bioeth. 2011; 11: 60-62
- The two-patient framework for research during pregnancy: a critique and a better way forward.Am J Bioeth. 2011; 11: 66-68
- Reframing the framework: toward fair inclusion of pregnant women as participants in research.Am J Bioeth. 2011; 11: 50-52
- Research involving pregnant women: trials and tribulations.Clin. Invest. 2012; 2: 139-146
- Enrolling pregnant women: issues in clinical research.Womens Health Issues. 2013; 23: e39-e45
- Liability exposure when offspring are injured because of their parents' participation in clinical trials.in: Mastroianni A.C. Faden R. Federman D. Women and health research: ethical and legal issues of including women in clinical studies: volume 2. Workshop and Commissioned Papers. Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on the Ethical and Legal Issues Relating to the Inclusion of Women in Clinical Studies. National Academies Press (US), Washington, DC1999
- Classification of drugs for teratogenic risk: an anachronistic way of counseling: a reply to Merlob and Stahl.Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2003; 67: 207-208
- The ethics of randomized placebo-controlled trials of antidepressants with pregnant women: a systematic review.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 1361-1368
- Lessons learned in pediatric clinical research to evaluate safe and effective use of drugs in pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 953-958