Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Prevalence of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy in Chile.Ann Intern Med. 1987; 88: 487-493
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: past and present riddle.Ann Hepatol. 2006; 5: 202-205
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: review of the literature and evaluation of current evidence.J Womens Health. 2007; 16: 833-841
- Fetal outcomes in pregnancy complicated by intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy in a Northern California cohort.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e28343
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 120-133
- The prevalence of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy in a primarily Latina Los Angeles population.J Perinataol. 2006; 26: 527-532
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy and associated adverse pregnancy and fetal outcomes: a 12-year population-based cohort study.BJOG. 2013; 120: 717-723
- Clinical outcome in a series of cases of obstetric cholestasis identified via patient support group.BJOG. 2004; 111: 676-681
- Association of severe intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy with adverse pregnancy outcomes: a prospective population-based case-control study.Hepatology. 2014; 59: 1482-1491
- Fetal death in a patient with intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 458-460
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: an intriguing pregnancy-specific disorder.J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2002; 9: 10-14
- Intrahepatic cholestasis pf pregnancy: relationships between bile acid levels and fetal complication rates.Hepatology. 2004; 40: 467-474
- Predicting fetal asphyxia in intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2009; 280: 975-979
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: maternal and fetal outcomes associated with elevated bile acid levels.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 100.e1-100.e7
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: perinatal outcome associated with expectant management.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 957-960
California Department of Health Services. Birth Cohort public use file 2005-2008. Sacramento, CA: Center for Health Statistics; 2011.
- Perinatal morbidity associated with late preterm deliveries compared with deliveries between 37 and 40 weeks of gestation.BJOG. 2011; 118: 1446-1454
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: what is the optimal gestational age for delivery?.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2014; ([Epub ahead of press])
- The bile acid taurocholate impairs rat cardiomyocyte function: a proposed mechanism for intra-uterine fetal death in obstetric cholestasis.Clin (Lond). 2001; 100: 363-369
- Bile acids increase response and expression of human myometrial oxytocin receptor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 189: 577-582
- Oxydative stress and apoptosis in fetal rat liver induced by maternal cholestasis. Protective effect of ursodeoxycholic acid.J Hepatol. 2005; 43: 324-332
- Obstetric cholestasis: outcome with active management.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2002; 100: 167-170
- Ursodeoxycholic acid versus placebo, and early term delivery versus expectant management, in women with intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: semifactorial randomised clinical trial.BMJ. 2012; 344: e3799
- Obstetric cholestasis. Green-top guideline no. 43.Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London (UK)2011
The authors report no conflict of interest.
The racing flag logo above indicates that this article was rushed to press for the benefit of the scientific community.
Cite this article as: Puljic A, Kim E, Page J, et al. The risk of infant and fetal death by each additional week of expectant management in intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy by gestational age. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;212:667.e1-5.