Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Cancer of the ovary.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 2519-2529
- Ovarian cancer.Lancet. 2009; 374: 1371-1382
- Systematic review of adjuvant care for women with stage I ovarian carcinoma.Cancer. 2004; 101: 1926-1935
- Fallopian tube carcinoma: a review.The Oncologist. 2006; 11: 902-912
- Improved survival for fallopian tube cancer: a comparison of clinical characteristics and outcome for primary fallopian tube and ovarian cancer.Cancer. 2008; 113: 3298-3306
- Changing in definitions of clinical staging for carcinoma of the cervix and ovary.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1987; 156: 263-264
- Carcinosarcoma of the ovary compared to papillary serous ovarian carcinoma: a SEER analysis.Gynecol Oncol. 2013; 131: 46-51
- Prognostic factors in early-stage ovarian cancer.Ecancermedicalscience. 2013; 13: 325
- Prognostic factors for high-risk early-stage epithelial ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.Cancer. 2008; 112: 2202-2210
- Serous fallopian tube carcinoma: a retrospective, multi-institutional case-control comparison to serous adenocarcinoma of the ovary.Gynecol Oncol. 2007; 107: 398-403
- Early stage (IA-IB) primary carcinoma of the fallopian tube: case-control comparison to adenocarcinoma of the ovary.J Gynecol Oncol. 2011; 22: 9-17
- Adjuvant therapy in stage I and stage II epithelial ovarian cancer: results of two prospective randomized trials.N Engl J Med. 1990; 322: 1021-1027
- International Collaborative Ovarian Neoplasm trial 1 and Adjuvant ChemoTherapy in Ovarian Neoplasm trial: two parallel randomized phase III trials of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with early-stage ovarian carcinoma.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003; 95: 105-112
- Randomized phase III trial of three versus six cycles of adjuvant carboplatin and paclitaxel in early stage epithelial ovarian carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.Gynecol Oncol. 2006; 102: 432-439
- Precursors to pelvic serous carcinoma and their clinical implications.Gynecol Oncol. 2009; 113: 391-396
- Adjuvant (post-surgery) chemotherapy for early stage epithelial ovarian cancer.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 3: CD004706
- Surgical staging and treatment of early ovarian cancer: long-term analysis from a randomized trial.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2010; 102: 982-987
- Systematic reviews of adjuvant care for women with stage I ovarian carcinoma.Cancer. 2004; 101: 1926-1935
- Fallopian tube and primary peritoneal carcinomas associated with BRCA mutations.J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 4222-4227
- The incidence of primary fallopian tube cancer in the United States.Gynecol Oncol. 2007; 107: 392-397
- Prevalence of BRCA1 and BRCA2 germ line mutations among women with carcinoma of the fallopian tube.Gynecol Oncol. 2010; 118: 299-302
- Platinum resistance after neoadjuvant chemotherapy compared to primary surgery in patients with advanced epithelial ovarian carcinoma.Gynecol Oncol. 2013; 129: 63-68
Supported by the Deborah Kelly Center for Outcomes Research, Massachusetts General Hospital , Boston, MA.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Rauh-Hain JA, Foley OW, Winograd D, et al. Clinical characteristics and outcomes of patients with stage I epithelial ovarian cancer compared with fallopian tube cancer. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;212:600.e1-8.