Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Repeat abortion in the United States.Guttmacher Institute, New York, NY2006
- Patients’ attitudes and experiences related to receiving contraception during abortion care.Contraception. 2011; 84: 585-593
- Effect of contraception provided at termination of pregnancy and incidence of subsequent termination of pregnancy.BJOG. 2012; 119: 1074-1080
- Impact of immediate postabortal insertion of intrauterine contraception on repeat abortion.Contraception. 2008; 78: 143-148
- Contraceptive effectiveness of immediate compared with delayed insertion of intrauterine devices after abortion: a decision analysis.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 1286-1294
- How commonly do US abortion clinics offer contraceptive services?.Contraception. 2010; 82: 331-336
- Attitudes and beliefs about the intrauterine device among teenagers and young women.Contraception. 2010; 82: 178-182
- Young pregnant women’s knowledge of modern intrauterine devices.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 108: 1417-1422
- Adolescent and young adult women’s knowledge of and attitudes toward the intrauterine device.Contraception. 2008; 78: 211-217
- Fear of intrauterine contraception among adolescents in New York City.Contraception. 2014; 89: 446-450
- Perceived and insurance-related barriers to the provision of contraceptive services in U.S. abortion care settings.Women’s Health Issues. 2011; 21: S26-S31
- Effectiveness of preabortion counseling on postabortion contraceptive use.Contraception. 2004; 69: 481-487
- Effectiveness of contraceptive counselling of women following an abortion: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2009; 14: 1-9
- Structured contraceptive counseling—a randomized controlled trial.Patient Educ Counsel. 2010; 81: 362-367
- Specialist contraceptive counselling and provision after termination of pregnancy improves uptake of long-acting methods but does not prevent repeat abortion: a randomized trial.Hum Reprod. 2006; 21: 2296-2303
- Theory-based strategies for improving contraceptive use: a systematic review.Contraception. 2009; 79: 411-417
- A randomized trial of clinician-delivered interventions promoting barrier contraception for sexually transmitted disease prevention.Sex Transm Dis. 2005; 32: 672-679
- Efficacy of risk-reduction counseling to prevent human immunodeficiency virus and sexually transmitted diseases: a randomized controlled trial. Project RESPECT Study Group.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1161-1167
- Theory at a glance: a guide for health promotion practice.National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD2005
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Epidemiology, 3rd ed.Saunders, Philadelphia, PA2004
- Preventing unintended pregnancies by providing no-cost contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 1291-1297
- Comparison of contraceptive use between the Contraceptive CHOICE Project and state and national data.Contraception. 2011; 83: 479-485
- Changes in use of long-acting contraceptive methods in the United States, 2007-2009.Fertil Steril. 2012; 98: 893-897
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Society of Family Planning.
This study was supported by grant SFPRF13-6 from the Society of Family Planning Research Fund , Philadelphia, PA.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Davidson AS, Whitaker AK, Martins SL, et al. Impact of a theory-based video on initiation of long-acting reversible contraception after abortion. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;212:310.e1-7.