Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Epidemiology and causes of preterm birth.Lancet. 2008; 371: 74-84
- Progesterone and preterm birth prevention: translating clinical trials data into clinical practice.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 376-386
- Cerclage for short cervix on ultrasonography in women with singleton gestations and previous preterm birth: a meta-analysis.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 663-671
- Twins: prevalence, problems, and preterm births.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: 305-315
- Births: Final data for 2012. National vital statistics reports; vol 62.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2012 (Available at:)Accessed May 1, 2014)
- ACOG Practice bulletin: prediction and prevention of preterm birth, number 130.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 964-973
- Vaginal progesterone reduces the rate of preterm birth in women with a sonographic short cervix: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 38: 18-31
- Progesterone and the risk of preterm birth among women with a short cervix.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 462-469
- Universal cervical-length screening to prevent preterm birth: a cost-effectiveness analysis.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 38: 32-37
- Universal cervical length screening and treatment with vaginal progesterone to prevent preterm birth: a decision and economic analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202: 548.e1-548.e8
- Cost and cost effectiveness of vaginal progesterone gel in reducing preterm birth: an economic analysis of the PREGNANT trial.Pharmacoeconomics. 2014; 32: 467-478
- Universal maternal cervical length screening during the second trimester: pros and cons of a strategy to identify women at risk of spontaneous preterm delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207: 101-106
- Predicting risk of spontaneous preterm delivery in women with a singleton pregnancy.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2014; 28: 11-22
- Short ultrasonographic cervical length in women with low-risk obstetric history.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 858-862
- Implementation of a universal cervical length screening program for the prevention of preterm birth.Am J Perinatology. 2014; (April 14 [Epub ahead of print])
- Real world experience from a universal transvaginal cervical length screening program for preterm birth prevention.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 520-525
Cervical Length Education and Review (CLEAR) program [Internet]. Available at: www.perinatalquality.com/CLEAR/deault.aspx. Accessed March 1, 2013.
- The length of the cervix and the risk of spontaneous premature delivery.N Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 567-572
- Clinical practice: prevention of preterm parturition.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 254-261
J.K.B. received research funding from Cervilenz, Inc , Chagrin Falls , OH (grant no. CL-1003 ), for participation in a multicenter cervical length measurement trial in 2011-13. The remaining authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Orzechowski KM, Boelig R, Nicholas SS, et al. Is universal cervical length screening indicated in women with prior term birth? Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;212:234.e1-5.