Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Impact of hysterectomy on endometrial carcinoma rates in the United States.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005; 97: 1700-1702
- Analysis of racial differences in incidence, survival, and mortality for malignant tumors of the uterine corpus.Cancer. 2003; 98: 176-186
- The National Cancer Data Base report on endometrial carcinoma in African-American women.Cancer. 1998; 83: 2629-2637
- Cancer statistics for African Americans.CA Cancer J Clin. 2002; 52: 326-341
- Racial disparities research: it's not just black and white.Gynecol Oncol. 2006; 101: 194-197
- p53 Overexpression in advanced-stage endometrial adenocarcinoma.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 1246-1252
- Racial differences in the overexpression of epidermal growth factor type II receptor (HER2/neu): a major prognostic indicator in uterine serous papillary cancer.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 813-818
- Ribosomal DNA methylation in patients with endometrial carcinoma: an independent prognostic marker.Cancer. 2002; 94: 2941-2952
- Prognostic significance of ER, PR, Ki67, c-erbB-2, and p53 in endometrial carcinoma.J Med Assoc Thai. 2008; 91: 1779-1784
- Racial disparity in the frequency of PTEN mutations, but not microsatellite instability, in advanced endometrial cancers.Clin Cancer Res. 2000; 6: 2999-3005
- Molecular profiling of endometrial cancers from African-American and Caucasian women.Gynecol Oncol. 2006; 101: 209-213
- Gene expression profiling of microsatellite unstable and microsatellite stable endometrial cancers indicates distinct pathways of aberrant signaling.Cancer Res. 2005; 65: 5031-5037
- Microarray analysis of endometrial carcinomas and mixed mullerian tumors reveals distinct gene expression profiles associated with different histologic types of uterine cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2005; 11: 4056-4066
- Microarray analysis reveals distinct gene expression profiles among different histologic types of endometrial cancer.Cancer Res. 2003; 63: 6-11
- Gene expression analysis of early stage endometrial cancers reveals unique transcripts associated with grade and histology but not depth of invasion.Front Oncol. 2013; 3: 139
- Transcript expression in endometrial cancers from black and white patients.Gynecol Oncol. 2013; 130: 169-173
- Underlying causes of the black-white racial disparity in breast cancer mortality: a population-based analysis.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009; 101: 993-1000
- Recent trends in black-white disparities in cancer mortality.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008; 17: 2908-2912
- Breast cancer trends among black and white women in the United States.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 7836-7841
- Comorbidity and survival disparities among black and white patients with breast cancer.JAMA. 2005; 294: 1765-1772
- Disparities in uterine cancer epidemiology, treatment, and survival among African Americans in the United States.Gynecol Oncol. 2013; 130: 652-659
- Race disparities between black and white women in the incidence, treatment, and prognosis of endometrial cancer.Cancer Control. 2009; 16: 53-56
- Racial and ethnic disparities in cancers of the uterine corpus.J Natl Med Assoc. 2006; 98: 1930-1933
- Racial disparity in survival among patients with advanced/recurrent endometrial adenocarcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.Cancer. 2006; 107: 2197-2205
- Prostate cancer in black and white Americans.Cancer Metastasis Rev. 2003; 22: 83-86
- The epidemiology of prostate cancer in black men.Henry Ford Hosp Med J. 1992; 40: 89-92
- Advances in breast cancer: pathways to personalized medicine.Clin Cancer Res. 2008; 14: 7988-7999
- Triple negative breast cancer: current understanding of biology and treatment options.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 20: 40-46
- Enhanced expression of SOS1 is detected in prostate cancer epithelial cells from African-American men.Int J Oncol. 2009; 35: 751-760
- Chipping away at breast cancer: insights from microarray studies of human and mouse mammary cancer.Endocr Relat Cancer. 2002; 9: 207-220
- Analysis of PSPHL as a candidate gene influencing the racial disparity in endometrial cancer.Front Oncol. 2012; 2: 65
- A GOG 210 aCGH study of gain at 1q23 in endometrioid endometrial cancer in the context of racial disparity and outcome.Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2010; 49: 791-802
- Racial disparity in overexpression of the p53 tumor suppressor gene in stage I endometrial cancer.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 176: S229-S232
- Racial differences in oncogene mutations detected in early-stage low-grade endometrial cancers.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012; 22: 1367-1372
- STAT3 and apoptosis regulators: Bak and Bcl-xL in endometrioid adenocarcinomas of different estrogen receptor-alpha immunoprofile.Gynecol Endocrinol. 2011; 27: 536-540
- STAT3alpha is oncogenic for endometrial carcinoma cells and mediates the oncogenic effects of autocrine human growth hormone.Endocrinology. 2010; 151: 4133-4145
- Comparison of STAT3 with HIF-1alpha, Ob and ObR expressions in human endometrioid adenocarcinomas.Tissue Cell. 2008; 40: 405-410
- Survivin expression in endometrial carcinoma: a tissue microarray study with correlation with PTEN and STAT-3.Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2005; 24: 247-253
This study was funded by Department of Defense Peer-reviewed Medical Research Program award number DAMD17-02-1-0183 and US Medical Acquisition Activity award number W81XWH-11-2-0131 .
The authors report no conflict of interest.
The opinions or assertions contained herein are the private views of the authors and are not to be construed as official or as reflecting the views of the Department of the Army, Department of the Air Force, or Department of Defense.
Cite this article as: Maxwell GL, Shoji Y, Darcy K, et al. MicroRNAs in endometrial cancers from black and white patients. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;212:191.e1-10.