Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Screening and diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus. Committee Opinion no. 504.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 751-753
- Screening for gestational diabetes mellitus: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendations statement.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 148: 759-765
- International Association of Diabetes and Pregnancy Study Group’s recommendations on the diagnosis and classification of hyperglycemia in pregnancy study groups’ recommendations on the diagnosis and classification of hyperglycemia in pregnancy.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 67-82
- Standards of medical care in diabetes— 2013.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: S11-S61
- Canadian Diabetes Association 2008 clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and management of diabetes in Canada.Can J Diabetes. 2008; 32: S1-S201
- Canadian Diabetes Association 2013 Clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and management of diabetes in Canada: diabetes in pregnancy.Can J Diabetes. 2013; 37: S168-S183
World Health Organization, International Diabetes Federation. Definition and diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and intermediate hyperglycemia: report of a WHO/IDF consultation. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO Press; 2006.
- Perspectives on the proposed gestational diabetes mellitus diagnostic criteria.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 177-182
- Diabetes and pregnancy: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013; 98: 4227-4249
- Hyperglycemia and adverse pregnancy outcomes.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2002; 78: 69-77
- The Toronto Tri-Hospital Gestational Diabetes Project. A preliminary review.Diabetes Care. 1998; 21: 33-42
- Diagnosing gestational diabetes.Diabetologia. 2011; 54: 480-486
- The implications of the new International Association of Diabetes and Pregnancy Study Groups (IADPSG) diagnostic criteria for gestational diabetes.Diabet Med. 2011; 28: 382-385
- National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference Statement: diagnosing gestational diabetes mellitus.NIH Consens State Sci Statements. 2013; 29: 1-30
- Infant Health Study Group of the Canadian Perinatal Surveillance System: a new and improved population-based Canadian reference for birth weight for gestational age.Pediatrics. 2001; 108: E35
- Atlantic Diabetes in Pregnancy (DIP): the prevalence and outcomes of gestational diabetes mellitus using new diagnostic criteria.Diabetologia. 2011; 54: 1640-1675
- Pregnancy outcomes in women with and without gestational diabetes mellitus according to the International Association of the Diabetes and Pregnancy Study Groups Criteria.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 746-752
- Frequency of gestational diabetes mellitus at collaborating centers based on IADPSG consensus panel-recommended criteria: the Hyperglycemia and Adverse Pregnancy Outcome (HAPO) Study.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: 526-528
- Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes: 2014 Position statement.Diabetes Care. 2014; 37: S20
Dr Melamed is currently at Sunnybrook Health Science Center, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Mayo K, Melamed N, Vandenberghe H, et al. The impact of adoption of the International Association of Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Group criteria for the screening and diagnosis of gestational diabetes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;212:224.e1-9.