Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Preterm births: United States, 2007.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011; 60: 78-79
- Epidemiology and causes of preterm birth.Lancet. 2008; 371: 75-84
- Combinatory approaches prevent preterm birth profoundly exacerbated by gene-environment interactions.J Clin Invest. 2013; 123: 4063-4075
- Repeated administration of low-dose lipopolysaccharide induces preterm delivery in mice: a model for human preterm parturition and for assessment of the therapeutic ability of drugs against preterm delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 174: 754-759
- Inflammatory cytokines and spontaneous preterm birth in asymptomatic women: a systematic review.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 393-401
- Measurement of F(2)-isoprostanes as an index of oxidative stress in vivo.Free Radic Biol Med. 2000; 28: 505-513
- Biomarkers of oxidative damage in human disease.Clin Chem. 2006; 52: 601-623
- Urinary 8-OHdG: a marker of oxidative stress to DNA and a risk factor for cancer, atherosclerosis and diabetics.Clin Chim Acta. 2004; 339: 1-9
- Environmental phthalate exposure and preterm birth.JAMA Pediatr. 2014; 168: 61-67
- Pregnancy disorders that lead to delivery before the 28th week of gestation: an epidemiologic approach to classification.Am J Epidemiol. 2008; 168: 980-989
- Estimation of average concentration in the presence of nondetectable values.Appl Occup Environ Hyg. 1990; 5: 46-51
- Urinary phthalate metabolites in relation to preterm birth in Mexico city.Environ Health Perspec. 2009; 117: 1587-1592
- Fast stable restricted maximum likelihood and marginal likelihood estimation of semiparametric generalized linear models.J Royal Stat Soc Series B Methodol. 2011; 73: 3-36
Rosner B. Fundamentals of biostatistics. Boston, MA: Brooks/Cole; 2011:568-9.
- Inflammation and pregnancy.Reprod Sci. 2009; 16: 206-215
- Reactive oxygen species and preterm premature rupture of membranes-a review.Placenta. 2001; 22: S38-S44
- Placental endoplasmic reticulum stress and oxidative stress in the pathophysiology of unexplained intrauterine growth restriction and early onset preeclampsia.Placenta. 2009; 30: S43-S48
- Formation of syncytial knots is increased by hyperoxia, hypoxia and reactive oxygen species.Placenta. 2007; 28: S33-S40
- The association between maternal oxidative stress at mid-gestation and subsequent pregnancy complications.Reprod Sci. 2012; 19: 505-512
- Association between oxidative stress in pregnancy and preterm premature rupture of membranes.Clin Biochem. 2007; 40: 793-797
- Oxidative stress early in pregnancy and pregnancy outcome.Free Radic Res. 2008; 42: 841-848
- Oxidant damage to DNA and pregnancy outcome.J Matern Fetal Med. 2001; 10: 182-185
- Isoprostanes 8-iPF2alpha-III: risk markers of premature rupture of fetal membranes?.Biomarkers. 2009; 14: 406-413
- Organochlorine pesticide residue levels and oxidative stress in preterm delivery cases.Hum Exp Toxicol. 2010; 29: 351-358
- Oxidative stress markers and micronutrients in maternal and cord blood in relation to neonatal outcome.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2014; 68: 215-222
- In vivo oxidative DNA damage and lipid peroxidation as a biomarker of oxidative stress in preterm low-birthweight infants.J Trop Pediatr. 2012; 58: 326-328
- Effect of repeated exercise on urinary 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosine excretion in humans.Free Radic Res. 1997; 26: 507-514
- Iron status during pregnancy: setting the stage for mother and infant.Am J Clin Nutr. 2005; 81: 1218S-1222S
- Exercise in the prevention and treatment of maternal-fetal disease: a review of the literature.Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2006; 31: 661-674
- A longitudinal study of oxidative stress and antioxidant status in women with uncomplicated pregnancies throughout gestation.Reprod Sci. 2010; 17: 401-409
- Effect of docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid supplementation on oxidative stress levels during pregnancy.Free Radic Res. 2006; 40: 379-384
- A comparison of methods for the measurement of 8-isoPGF(2alpha): a marker of oxidative stress.Ann Clin Biochem. 2011; 48: 147-154
- A series of prostaglandin F2-like compounds are produced in vivo in humans by a non-cyclooxygenase, free radical-catalyzed mechanism.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990; 87: 9383-9387
Supported by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences , National Institutes of Health , grant numbers R01ES018872 , P42ES017198 , P01ES022844 , and P30ES017885 .
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Ferguson KK, McElrath TF, Chen Y-H, et al. Repeated measures of urinary oxidative stress biomarkers during pregnancy and preterm birth. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;212:208.e1-8.