Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Differential characterization of women with vulvar vestibulitis syndrome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 187: 589-594
- Elevated tissue levels of interleukin-1β and tumor necrosis factor-α in vulvar vestibulitis.Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 89: 291-296
- Enhanced synthesis of proinflammatory cytokines by vulvar vestibular fibroblasts: implications for vulvar vestibulitis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196: 346.e1-346.e8
- Vulvar vestibulitis subjects undergoing surgical intervention: a descriptive analysis and histopathological correlates.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1996; 68: 165-168
- Hyperinnervation and mast cell activation may be used as histopathologic diagnostic criteria for vulvar vestibulitis.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2004; 58: 171-178
- Vestibular nerve cell proliferation in vulvar vestibulitis syndrome.Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 91: 572-576
- Proteinase-activated receptor-2 and hyperalgesia: a novel pain pathway.Nat Med. 2001; 7: 821-826
- Serine proteases and protease-activated receptor 2-dependent allodynia: a novel cancer pain pathway.Pain. 2010; 149: 263-272
- Presence of secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor in human endometrium and first trimester decidua suggests an antibacterial protective role.Mol Hum Reprod. 2000; 6: 191-196
- Human epididymis protein 4 and secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor in vaginal fluid: relation to vaginal components and bacterial composition.Reprod Sci. 2014; 21: 538-542
- Proteomic analysis of human cervico-vaginal fluid.J Proteome Res. 2007; 6: 2859-2865
- A potential role for tissue kallikrein-related peptidases in human cervico-vaginal physiology.Biol Chem. 2008; 389: 681-688
- Protease-activated receptors in inflammation, neuronal signaling and pain.Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2001; 22: 146-152
- Interleukin 1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism in women with vulvar vestibulitis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 182: 283-285
- Altered distribution of mannose-binding lectin alleles at exon 1 codon 54 in women with vulvar vestibulitis syndrome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 762-766
- Impact of genetic variation in interleukin-1 receptor antagonist and melanocortin-1 receptor genes on vulvar vestibulitis syndrome.J Reprod Med. 2004; 49: 503-509
- A manganese superoxide dismutase gene polymorphism and development of vulvar vestibulitis syndrome.It J Gynaecol Obstet. 2010; 22: 59-64
- Overlap between orofacial pain and vulvar vestibulitis syndrome.Clin J Pain. 2008; 24: 187-191
- “Primary” versus “secondary” vulvar vestibulitis: one disease, two variants.Am J Obstet Gyencol. 2001; 184: 28-31
- Primary and secondary vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: systematic pain perception and psychophysical characteristics.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 138-142
This study was supported by the National Vulvodynia Association .
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Jayaram A, Esbrand F, Dulaveris G, et al. Decreased concentration of protease inhibitors: possible contributors to allodynia and hyperalgesia in women with vestibulodynia. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;212:184.e1-4.