Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Choosing the route of hysterectomy for benign disease. ACOG Committee opinion no. 444.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 1156-1158
- Surgical approach to hysterectomy for benign gynecological disease.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009; 3: CD003677
- The eVALuate study: two parallel randomized trials, one comparing laparoscopic with abdominal hysterectomy, the other comparing laparoscopic with vaginal hysterectomy.BMJ. 2004; 328: 129-135
- Trends over time with commonly performed obstetric and gynecologic inpatient procedures.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 926-931
- Hysterectomy surgical trends: a more accurate depiction of the last decade?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 208: 277.e1-277.e7
- Robotically assisted vs laparoscopic hysterectomy among women with benign gynecologic disease.JAMA. 2013; 309: 689-698
- How well are we training residents in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198: 567.e1-567.e4
- Assessing current trends in resident hysterectomy training.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2011; 17: 210-214
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. National data report: obstetrics and gynecology case logs, 2003-2009. Available at: http://acgme.org/residentdatacollection/documentation/statistical_reports.asp. Accessed May 1, 2013.
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Their effect on operative experience in obstetrics and gynecology.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2011; 72: 73-78
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Danford JM, White NC, New M, et al. The fellowship effect: how the establishment of a fellowship in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery affected resident vaginal hysterectomy training. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014;211:559.e1-6.