Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Disease burden of overactive bladder: quality-of-life data assessed using ICI-recommended instruments.Pharmacoeconomics. 2007; 25: 129-142
- Estimating the prevalence and economic burden of overactive bladder among Medicare beneficiaries prior to Medicare Part D coverage.Curr Med Res Opin. 2009; 25: 911-919
- Urinary nerve growth factor levels in overactive bladder syndrome and lower urinary tract disorders.J Formos Med Assoc. 2010; 109: 862-878
- Can urinary nerve growth factor be a biomarker for overactive bladder?.Rev Urol. 2010; 12: e69-e77
- Urinary nerve growth factor in women with overactive bladder syndrome.BJU Int. 2011; 107: 799-803
- Decrease of urinary nerve growth factor levels after antimuscarinic therapy in patients with overactive bladder.BJU Int. 2009; 103: 1668-1672
- Urinary nerve growth factor levels are elevated in patients with detrusor overactivity and decreased in responders to detrusor botulinum toxin-A injection.Eur Urology. 2009; 56: 700-707
- Quality of life of persons with urinary incontinence: development of a new measure.Urology. 1996; 47: 67-71
- Short forms to assess life quality and symptom distress for urinary incontinence in women: the Incontinence Impact Questionnaire and the Urogenital Distress Inventory. Continence Program for Women Research Group.Neurourol Urodyn. 1995; 14: 131-139
- Improving neuromodulation technique for refractory voiding dysfunctions: two-stage implant.Urology. 1997; 49: 358-362
- Nerve growth factor (NGF): a potential urinary biomarker for overactive bladder syndrome (OAB)?.BJU Int. 2013; 111: 372-380
- Botulinum-A toxin injections into the detrusor muscle decrease nerve growth factor bladder tissue levels in patients with neurogenic detrusor overactivity.J Urol. 2006; 175: 2341-2344
- Changes in urinary nerve growth factor and prostaglandin E2 in women with overactive bladder after anticholinergics.Int Urogynecol J. 2013; 24: 325-330
- Sacral neuromodulation in women with idiopathic detrusor overactivity incontinence: decreased overactivity but unchanged bladder contraction strength and urethral resistance during voiding.J Urol. 2006; 175: 1005-1009
- Afferent nerve regulation of bladder function in health and disease.Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2009; 194: 91-138
L.R.L. is a consultant for Boston Scientific. The remaining authors report no conflict of interest.
This research was supported by a grant from Medtronic Inc , Minneapolis, MN (D.F.S.).
Cite this article as: Shalom DF, Pillalamarri N, Xue X, et al. Sacral nerve stimulation reduces elevated urinary nerve growth factor levels in women with symptomatic detrusor overactivity. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014;211:561.e1-5.