Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Continence pessary compared with behavioral therapy or combined therapy for stress incontinence: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 609-617
- Surgery versus physiotherapy for stress urinary incontinence.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 1124-1133
- Transobturator tape compared with tension-free vaginal tape for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 611-621
- Vaginal pessaries for the management of stress and mixed urinary incontinence.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2004; 15: 302-307
- To sling or not to sling at time of abdominal sacrocolpopexy: a cost-effectiveness analysis.J Urol. 2013; 190: 1306-1312
- Sling revision/removal for mesh erosion and urinary retention: long-term risk and predictors.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 208: 73.e1-73.e7
- Surgical management of mesh-related complications after prior pelvic floor reconstructive surgery with mesh.Int Urogynecol J. 2011; 22: 1395-1404
- Release of tension-free vaginal tape for the treatment of refractory postoperative voiding dysfunction.Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 100: 898-902
Medicare reimbursements by hospital outpatient prospective payment. Available at: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/HospitalOutpatientPPS/index.html?redirect=/HospitalOutpatientPPS/. Accessed Dec. 5, 2012.
Cost of anticholinergic treatment. Available at: http://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/results/planresults/plan-list.aspx. Accessed Dec. 5, 2012.
- Utility scores for chronic conditions in a community-dwelling population.Pharmacoeconomics. 1999; 15: 369-376
- Patient preferences for different severities of and treatments for overactive bladder.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2011; 17: 184-189
- Potential health and economic impact of adding a human papillomavirus vaccine to screening programs.JAMA. 2003; 290: 781-789
- Patient-reported outcomes for tension-free vaginal tape-obturator in women treated with a previous anti-incontinence procedure.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2009; 20: 331-335
- Female stress urinary incontinence: how do patient and physician perspectives correlate in assessment of outcomes?.Curr Opin Urol. 2006; 16: 212-218
- Single blind, randomized controlled trial of pelvic floor exercises, electrical stimulation, vaginal cones, and no treatment in management of genuine stress incontinence in women.BMJ. 1999; 318: 487-493
- Long-term effect of pelvic floor muscle exercise 5 years after cessation of organized training.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 87: 261-265
- Systematic review: randomized, controlled trials of nonsurgical treatments for urinary incontinence in women.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 148: 459-473
- Adherence to a behavioral program to prevent incontinence.West J Nurs Res. 2007; 29: 36-64
- Responsiveness of the Pelvic Floor Distress Inventory (PFDI) and Pelvic Floor Impact Questionnaire (PFIQ) in women undergoing vaginal surgery and pessary treatment for pelvic organ prolapse.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 1492-1498
- The distinction between cost and charges.Ann Intern Med. 1982; 96: 102-109
- Pelvic floor muscle training for urinary incontinence in women.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2001; : CD001407
- Injectable biomaterials for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence: their potential and pitfalls as urethral bulking agents.Int Urogynecol J. 2013; 24: 913-919
- Urethral bulking: a urology perspective.Urol Clin North Am. 2012; 39: 279-287
- Bulking agents: a urogynecology perspective.Urol Clin North Am. 2012; 39: 273-277
- Surgical management of female SUI: is there a gold standard?.Nat Rev Urol. 2013; 10: 78-89
- TVT-O for the treatment of pure urodynamic stress incontinence: efficacy, adverse effects, and prognostic factors at 5-year follow-up.Eur Urol. 2013; 63: 872-878
- The motion: injectables are justified as a first option for stress urinary incontinence.Eur Urol. 2006; 50: 857-860
E.R.S. owns stock in Pelvilon, Sunnyvale, CA, and is national principal investigator for American Medical Systems, Minnetonka, MN. M.L.R. reports no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Richardson ML, Sokol ER. A cost-effectiveness analysis of conservative versus surgical management for the initial treatment of stress urinary incontinence. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014;211:565.e1-6.