Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
World Health Organization, UNICEF, UNFPA and The World Bank. Trends in maternal mortality: 1990 to 2010. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO Press, World Health Organization; 2012.
- Pregnancy-related mortality surveillance–United States, 1991-1999.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2003; 52: 1-8
- Pregnant and postpartum admissions to the intensive care unit: a systematic review.Intensive Care Med. 2010; 36: 1465-1474
- Maternal sepsis mortality and morbidity during hospitalization for delivery: temporal trends and independent associations for severe sepsis.Anesth Analg. 2013; 117: 944-950
- Surviving sepsis campaign: international guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shock, 2012.Crit Care Med. 2013; 41: 580-637
- Systemic inflammatory response syndrome, organ failure, and outcome in critically ill obstetric patients treated in an ICU.Chest. 2001; 120: 1271-1277
- Multicenter study of obstetric admissions to 14 intensive care units in southern England.Crit Care Med. 2001; 29: 770-775
- Evaluation of standard and modified severity of illness scores in the obstetric patient.J Crit Care. 2011; 26: 535.e1-535.e7
- Existing models fail to predict sepsis in an obstetric population with intrauterine infection.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: 573.e1-573.e5
- Utility of acute physiology, age, and chronic health evaluation (APACHE III) score in maternal admissions to the intensive care unit.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: e13-e15
- Clinical characteristics and outcomes of obstetric patients requiring ICU admission.Chest. 2007; 131: 718-724
- Obstetrics: normal and problem pregnancies. 6th ed. Elsevier/Saunders, Philadelphia2012
- Early goal directed therapy for sepsis during pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2007; 34 (xi): 459-479
- Pregnancy and laboratory studies: a reference table for clinicians.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 1326-1331
- Rapid Emergency Medicine score: a new prognostic tool for in-hospital mortality in nonsurgical emergency department patients.J Intern Med. 2004; 255: 579-587
- APACHE II: a severity of disease classification system.Crit Care Med. 1985; 13: 818-829
- Assessment of disease-severity scoring systems for patients with sepsis in general internal medicine departments.Crit Care. 2011; 15: R95
- Identifying infected emergency department patients admitted to the hospital ward at risk of clinical deterioration and intensive care unit transfer.Acad Emerg Med. 2010; 17: 1080-1085
- Validation of a modified Early Warning Score in medical admissions.QJM. 2001; 94: 521-526
- Validating severity of illness scoring systems in the prediction of outcomes in Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia.Am J Med Sci. 2013; 346: 87-91
- Infection in obstetric critical care.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2008; 22: 865-883
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Albright CM, Ali TN, Lopes V, et al. The Sepsis in Obstetrics Score: a model to identify risk of morbidity from sepsis in pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014;211:39.e1-8.