Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Syphilis surveillance annual report (all years). Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/std/syphilis/stats.htm. Accessed July 1, 2013.
Ohio Department of Health. Total syphilis statistical summaries 2012. Available at: http://www.odh.ohio.gov/healthStats/disease/std/std1.aspx. Accessed July 1, 2013.
- Screening for syphilis infection in pregnant women: evidence for the US Preventive Services Task Force reaffirmation recommendation statement.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 710-716
- Assessment of the value of rescreening for syphilis in the third trimester of pregnancy.Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 2006: 56504
- Hospitalization cost of congenital syphilis diagnosis from insurance claims data in the United States.Sex Transm Dis. 2013; 40: 226-229
- Missed opportunities for preventing congenital syphilis infection in New York City.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 882-888
- Missed opportunities for congenital syphilis and HIV perinatal transmission prevention.Rev Saude Publica. 2008; 42: 851-858
- Prenatal screening for infectious diseases and opportunities for prevention.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 102: 753-760
- Missed opportunities for congenital syphilis prevention in an urban southeastern hospital.Sex Transm Dis. 2011; 28: 92-98
Dr Shiber is now with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Shiber L, Todia WJ. Cost and clinical utility of repeated syphilis screening in the third trimester in a high-risk population. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014;210:267.e1-5.