Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Why does hydrosalpinx reduce fertility? The importance of hydrosalpinx fluid.Hum Reprod. 2002; 17: 1141-1145
- Implantation failure: molecular mechanisms and clinical treatment.Hum Reprod Update. 2010; 17: 242-253
- Defective endometrial receptivity.Fertil Steril. 2012; 97: 1028-1032
- The influence of hydrosalpinx on markers of endometrial receptivity.Semin Reprod Med. 2007; 25: 476-482
- Adverse effects of hydrosalpinx on pregnancy rates after in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer.Fertil Steril. 1998; 70: 492-499
- Pregnancy rates after in-vitro fertilization in cases of tubal infertility with and without hydrosalpinx: a meta-analysis of published comparative studies.Hum Reprod. 1999; 14: 1243-1249
- Hydrosalpinx and IVF: assessment of treatments implemented prior to IVF.Reprod Biomed Online. 2007; 14: 235-241
- How members of the Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Society of Reproductive Surgeons evaluate, define, and manage hydrosalpinges.Fertil Steril. 2012; 97: 1095-1100
- Surgical treatment for tubal disease in women due to undergo in vitro fertilisation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010; : CD002125
- Does salpingectomy affect the ipsilateral ovarian response to gonadotropin during in vitro fertilization–embryo transfer cycles?.Fertil Steril. 2011; 95: 1842-1844
- Ovarian response to gonadotropins after laparoscopic salpingectomy or the division of fallopian tubes for hydrosalpinges.Fertil Steril. 2006; 85: 1464-1468
- Essure® hydrosalpinx occlusion prior to IVF-ET as an alternative to laparoscopic salpingectomy.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2012; 161: 42-45
- Proximal tubal occlusion and salpingectomy result in similar improvement in in vitro fertilization outcome in patients with hydrosalpinx.Fertil Steril. 2006; 86: 1642-1649
- Ultrasound-guided hydrosalpinx aspiration during oocyte collection improves pregnancy outcome in IVF: a randomized controlled trial.Hum Reprod. 2008; 23: 1113-1117
- A prospective clinical study of interventional ultrasound sclerotherapy on women with hydrosalpinx before in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer.Fertil Steril. 2010; 94: 2854-2856
- How to deal with fluid in the endometrial cavity during assisted reproductive techniques.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 23: 190-194
- Salpingectomy for hydrosalpinx prior to in vitro fertilization.Fertil Steril. 2008; 90 (S66-S8)
- Impaired ovarian blood flow and reduced antral follicle count following laparoscopic salpingectomy for ectopic pregnancy.Hum Reprod. 2003; 18: 2175-2180
- Role of reproductive surgery in the era of assisted reproductive technology.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2012; 26: 747-755
- Hydrosalpinx and oocyte quality−a study in oocyte donation patients.Fertil Steril. 2004; 82: S337
- Presence of hydrosalpinx correlated to endometrial inflammatory response in vivo.Fertil Steril. 2006; 86: 972-976
- Management of non-neoplastic ovarian cysts with sclerotherapy.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2003; 81: 41-45
- Ultrasound-guided hydrosalpinx aspiration during oocyte retrieval and a mouse embryo assay of hydrosalpinx fluid in a woman with hydrosalpinx and hydrometra during in vitro fertilization treatment.Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 51: 106-108
- Sequential steps during vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in the very early human placenta.Placenta. 2006; 27: 535-539
- Regulation of angiogenesis in the primate endometrium: vascular endothelial growth factor.Semin Reprod Med. 2009; 27: 80-89
- Hydrosalpinx fluid diminishes endometrial cell HOXA10 expression.Fertil Steril. 2002; 78: 577-580
- Comparison of endometrial and subendometrial blood flows among patients with and without hydrosalpinx shown on scanning during in vitro fertilization treatment.Fertil Steril. 2006; 85: 333-338
- Comparison of IVF-ET outcomes in patients with hydrosalpinx pretreated with either sclerotherapy or laparoscopic salpingectomy.Clin Exp Reprod Med. 2012; 39: 182-186
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Reprints not available from authors.
Cite this article as: Zhang W-x, Jiang H, Wang X-m, et al. Pregnancy and perinatal outcomes of interventional ultrasound sclerotherapy with 98% ethanol on women with hydrosalpinx before in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014;210:250.e1-5.