Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Utilization of interventional techniques in managing chronic pain in the medicare population: analysis of growth patterns from 2000 to 2011.Pain Physician. 2012; 15: E969-E982
- Analysis of the growth of epidural injections and costs in the Medicare population: a comparative evaluation of 1997, 2002, and 2006 data.Pain Physician. 2010; 13: 199-212
- Role of neuraxial steroids in interventional pain management.Pain Physician. 2002; 5: 182-199
- Epidural corticosteroid injections as a possible cause of menorrhagia: a case report.Pain Med. 2010; 11: 713-715
- Abnormal uterine bleeding: Is it an under-reported side effect after epidural steroid injection for the management of low back pain?.Pain Med. 2011; 12: 986
- Abnormal uterine bleeding following lumbar epidural corticosteroid injections and facet medial branch blocks in both pre- and postmenopausal women: a case series.Pain Med. 2012; 13: 1137-1140
- Antiovulatory activity of synthetic corticoids.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1975; 40: 265-267
- The mechanism of ovulation inhibition by triamcinolone acetonide.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1978; 46: 8-14
- Effect of intramuscular triamcinolone acetonide on the human ovulatory cycle.Cutis. 1977; 19: 633-637
- Effectiveness of corticosteroid injections versus physiotherapy for treatment of painful stiff shoulder in primary care: randomised trial.BMJ. 1998; 317: 1292-1296
- Blaustein's Pathology of the Female Genital Tract—4th edition.Springer Verlag, New York, NY1994: 378
- Blaustein's Pathology of the Female Genital Tract—4th edition.Springer Verlag, New York, NY1994: 380-384
- Increased uterine prostaglandin E receptors in menorrhagic women.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1988; 95: 162-165
- Prostaglandins in the human uterus: an interaction between endometrium and myometrium.Prostaglandins Leukotrienes Med. 1985; 17: 329
- Plasminogen activators in the endometrium. II: clinical aspects. Variation in the concentration of plasminogen activators during the menstrual cycle and its relation to menstrual blood loss.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1966; 45: 429-450
National Institute on Aging—Menopause. Available at: http://www.nia.nih.gov/health/publication/menopause. Accessed Nov. 1, 2012.
This study was supported by a grant from the Kaiser Permanente Northern California Community Benefits Program.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Suh-Burgmann E, Hung Y-Y, Mura J. Abnormal vaginal bleeding after epidural steroid injection: a paired observation cohort study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2013;209:206.e1-6.